Albert and Sydney (lost Barbados English dub of "Doraemon" anime series; late 1980s-early 1990s)
|Image from the 1979 version of Doraemon.|
Doraemon was a very successful Japanese anime that has aired in three different series since 1973. While the series was adapted in many countries, an English dub of the 1979 anime called Albert and Sydney aired in Barbados in the late 1980's and early 1990's. The show aired on Saturday mornings on CBC TV 8 in Barbados.
The first person to report this dub was a Barbadian user on a forum called The TFP in 2004, who recalled part of the theme song. Other users online have recalled the dub, but few concrete details of the show and no actual footage has resurfaced online yet. The only other known detail of the show are that the signs weren't translated. Sadly, little else is known about the series.
in March 2017, a Lost Media Wiki contributor contacted CBC if they had information about the dub, but unfortunately, the channel had long since removed Albert & Sydney from its archive.
- TV Tropes page on Doraemon, which references the dub. Retrieved 14 Mar '17.
- TFP Discussion of the Series Retrieved 22 Feb '17.
- "Bajan in Japan" blog article that references the dub. Retrieved 22 Feb '17.
- User "Natz" commented about the series. Retrieved 22 Feb '17.
- User "Yeti" references it on this Anime Suki forum thread. Retrieved 22 Feb '17.
- Users "VC" and "tai" comment on remembering and searching for this dub. Retrieved 22 Feb '17.
- Doraemon Wiki article. Retrieved 14 Mar '17.