Dance Dance Revolution Kids (rare arcade game; 2000)
(Redirected from Dance Dance Revolution Kids (Rare Arcade Game; 2000))
|The Dance Dance Revolution Kids arcade cabinet.|
Konami's Dance Dance Revolution series has been going for the better part of the last 20 years, with it's 20th anniversary coming up in 2018. In December 2000, Konami released DDR Kids, which had a new cabinet and game specifically made for a younger audience. The game was never released outside of Japan. Today, very few of these cabinets are left, and the only known existing cabinet, last accounted for in 2009, was in the hands of an arcade collector who had no intention of dumping the game software.
- DDR Kids uses unique hardware, unlike anything used on DDR cabinets prior to or following it.
- Combo is counted strangely; the first two notes hit in a combo do not count towards the combo.
- Score is not used.
- The game has 11 songs, a noticeable drop from the usual amount of songs in an arcade release.
- Songs are rated from 1-4 using music note icons.
- There is only one difficulty setting.
- The usual judgments MISS, BOO, GOOD, GREAT, PERFECT have instead been replaced with POOR, FIGHT, GOOD, and GREAT.
- The 3D dancer characters are replaced with unique 2D sprites.
- "DDR Kids RemyWiki page. Retrieved 17 Aug '16