Dilbert (Lost Live Action Pilot; 1997)
(Redirected from Dilbert Fox Live Action Pilot (1997))
Dilbert was a 1997 live-action pilot, directed and written by Scott Adams. The pilot was never aired, but appeared in many newspaper articles, and in the Advertising Age's 1997 TV Season, a yearly report of all television shows in development for various networks.
During a presser for the UPN animated "Dilbert" series, Dilbert creator Scott Adams only furthered confirmation of this lost pilot by referring to it numerous times. Adams did not specify whom was cast in the pilot, but confirms that Dilbert was played by an actor, whom Adams quotes, is "fit for a starring role in a romantic film." Adams, in another interview, talks about "Dogbert", stating that it was an "animatronic version that apparrently looked like it was done on the cheap."
To date, neither scripts nor images of the pilot have surfaced, and it's likely that nothing more will ever be known about this lost pilot.
- 1997 TV Pilot season From AdAge.com. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- Deseret News, Article wherein Scott Adams reveals information about Dogbert From Deseret News. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- Chicago Tribune Article mentioning the description of the leading character From The Chicago Tribune. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- Sun Sentinel Article mentioning the pilot From The Sun Sentinel. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- New York Times article mentioning that a Pilot had been shot. From The New York Times. Retrieved November 13, 2013.