Game Of Thrones (Unaired Original Pilot)
(Redirected from Game Of Thrones Unaired (Original Pilot))
Game Of Thrones, adapted from George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire books, is regarded as being one of the best series currently on television. What many don't know is that an original pilot was filmed and used for test screenings. The original pilot had many differences than what ended up being the first episode.
Below, a list of differences between the original pilot and the first episode:
- Jennifer Ehle originally played the role of Catelyn Stark in the pilot, and she was replaced by Michelle Farley for the rest of the series.
- Ian McNeice currently plays the role of Illyrio Motapis, but in the pilot he is replaced by Roger Allam.
- One major cast change was that of the role of Daenerys Targaryen, who originally was played by Tamzin Merchant but dropped out after filming scenes for the original pilot. Emilia Clarke was picked for the series.
- Martin had a small cameo role as a noble Pentoshii man with a big hat.
- Scenes with Grandmaster Pycelle where filmed but cut from the finalized first episode.
- In the original pilot we see much less of the Starks and more of Westeros.
In the original pilot the intro was somewhat different, as the land of Westeros was seen through the eyes of a raven.
Aside from the test screenings, the original pilot has never been publicly screened and was not included in any home video release. It is unknown if it will eventually see the light of day.