Ghosts at School (partially found alternate English dub of anime series; 2006)
|First Japanese DVD cover.|
Ghosts at School is an animated adaptation of Tōru Tsunemitsu's novel series of the same name. Produced by Studio Pierrot, the anime ran for 20 episodes between October 2000 and March 2001 on Fuji TV in Japan. A well known English version was released under the name Ghost Stories by the Houston-based ADV Films between October 2005 and June 2006. This dub became infamous due to a creative decision that had the crew entirely rewrite the show's script to include vulgar humor.
Another English dub was produced exclusively for the South East Asian market. Recorded in Hong Kong by Red Angel Media, this dub is a faithful translation of the Japanese script and premiered on Animax Asia in early 2006. It starred Andrea Kwan, Candice Moore, Claudia Thompson, Russel Wait, Sarah Hauser and Rik Thomas.
This version of the show has no known home video release. Episodes 5–9 have surfaced online, though the audio has been placed over the visuals of ADV's dub.
- Andrea Kwan – Satsuki Miyanoshita, Datto (Episode 5), Datsueba (Episode 8)
- Candice Moore – Hajime Aoyama,
- Claudia Thompson – Momoko Koigakubo, Mio Imai (Episode 9)
- Russell Wait – Amanojaku, Kaya, Datsueba (Episode 8)
- Sarah Hauser – Keiichirou Miyanoshita, Reo Kakinoki
- Rik Thomas – Principal, Man on Television Show (Episode 6)
- ADR Production: Red Angel Media