Guitar Hero 1 PS2 Version (lost original beta build/unused beta elements; 2005)
(Redirected from Guitar Hero 1 (PS2): Original Beta Build/Unused Beta Elements)
|This article has been tagged as Needing work due to its poor writing and lack of organization.|
|Cover of the game.|
In 2005, the first Guitar Hero game was released for the Playstation 2. Critics gave it overwhelmingly positive scores, and for a point in time, it was the best selling PS2 game. (Although eventually that was taken by Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.) However, the original beta build of Guitar Hero was completely different from the final build. The beta remained in obscurity until a beta video was posted in 2007 of it.
Interesting differences in the video include:
- The colours of the frets are the colours of the rainbow, with the exception of indigo and violet.
- The song Spanish Castle Magic was going to have vocals, as seen in the video.
- There are no hammer on or pull offs.
- The graphics and animations are different.
- The score gets built up in sections and then added to the current score, similar to the game Karaoke Revolution.
- There is no star power in the beta.
- The star power bar was a bar that showed how well you were doing during a scoring section.
The only evidence for this build existing was the 1 minute and 28-second video showing Spanish Castle Magic with vocals. The beta build has not been resurfaced anywhere, and there is no other screenshots or videos.