WCW Internet-only Special Events and PPVs (Lost Audio Streams; 1997-1998)
(Redirected from WCW Internet-only Special Events and PPVs (Lost 1997-1998 Audio Streams))
In late 1997 and 1998, World Championship Wrestling held six special wrestling events that were broadcasted exclusively via the WCW website. These events were audio-only, with WCW commentator Tony Schiavone providing the play-by-play of each show. Saturday Nitro and Battle in Seattle were both free events. The remaining four were internet “Pay-Per-Views”, albeit they were audio streams.
There were six events in total:
- WCW Saturday Nitro – June 28th, 1997 from the Great Western Forum (now known as The Forum) in Inglewood, California.
- WCW Battle in Seattle – September 19th, 1997 from the KeyArena in Seattle, Washington.
- WCW Boston Brawl – January 31st, 1998 from the FleetCenter (now known as the TD Garden) in Boston, Massachusetts.
- WCW Malice at the Palace – April 2nd, 1998 from the Ice Palace (now known as the Amalie Arena) in Tampa, Florida.
- WCW Profiles in Pain – May 2nd, 1998 from the North Charleston Coliseum in North Charleston, South Carolina.
- WCW L.A. Melee – July 10th, 1998 from the Great Western Forum (now known as The Forum) in Inglewood, California.
These events were not recorded by WCW themselves and thus were never released on home video. Recordings of fans present at the events exist for several matches, however. The audio streams are said by some fans to have been downloadable, but no files have surfaced.
When WCW was purchased by World Wrestling Entertainment (at the time known as the World Wrestling Federation) trademarks, several wrestler contracts, and the entire video library were acquired. It’s unknown if WWE is in possession of the audio of these events.
Fan Videorecordings of Matches