Revision as of 06:13, 12 November 2017 by Kobochat
|Welcome to the Lost Media Wiki!|
Some articles on this wiki contain NSFW/NSFL content and have been marked as such.
|UPDATE 2.67! (Added 11 Oct 2017)|
What's up guys, dycaite here for the first time in what feels like forever - apologies for my absence of late. In any case, here I am with another big lot of updates for you all to dig into!
- Firstly, let's catch up with The Shoegazer! Hitting it's 50th episode milestone, the Lost Media Chronicles is back to cover one of the most heavily requested subjects yet - the infamous lost Doctor Who episodes! Additionally, Randy has released a 2 part retrospective special on the series where he goes back over the past 50 episodes addressing any updates and corrections. All 3 videos can be seen above; thanks for the continued great work Randy!
- Remember that one of a kind Wu-Tang Clan album Once Upon a Time in Shoalin that the poster child of douchebaggery and egomaniacal tendencies Martin Shkreli shelled out 2 million bucks for? Well, he decided to sell it on eBay, where it ended with a highest bid of just over 1 million dollars; however, as Shrkeli was sent to prison days before the auction ended, it's unknown if the deal actually went through or not. In any case, one cannot help but bask in the schadenfreude of it all; and if it wasn't enough that he was finally sent to prison AND was set to make back only half of what he paid for the record, it turns out it may not necessarily even be an official Wu-Tang Clan release after all... But that's a discussion for another time. Peace out Shkreli, you deserve everything that has come to you and that will continue coming to you :)
- The complete test footage for Uli Meyer's The Duck has been found! Uploaded to Vimeo by Meyer himself about a week ago, the 9 minutes of footage finally reveals the extent of the project, and in excellent quality no less! Huge thanks to Uli for sharing this with the world; the complete test footage from The Duck can be seen above!
- A very generous anonymous user recently provided us with a copy of the original Howard Ashman treatment of Aladdin! The 31 page document can be downloaded here; big thanks to the generous anonymous contributor for acquiring this and sharing it with us, your efforts are much appreciated!
- This next case concerns the generosity of a certain LMW contributor who absolutely deserves recognition and thanks for his efforts. Discord regular SOOPER NINTENDO selflessly spent $300 of his birthday money on three Doraemon ’73 scripts from Japan (that is, the scripts for the episodes "Cursing Camera", "Duel! Nobita And Gian" and "Who Am I"), before scanning them and sharing them with the community! The "Cursing Camera" script scans can be found here in their entirety, while the majority of the pages from the "Duel! Nobita And Gian" script can be found here, with the remaining pages to follow in due time, along with the script for "Who Am I"; big, big thanks to SOOPER for going to such efforts to secure and make available these pieces of animation history, max kudos to you!
- Radiohead's "On A Friday" demo tape (On A Friday being the then-name of the band), oft-cited as the holy grail of Radiohead rarities, has been found in its entirety! In early August, the entire demo tape was uploaded by YouTuber Andrew Peterson, who had in turn sourced the tracks from fellow YouTuber klootme; thanks guys, this is certainly an interesting look at the early days of this groundbreaking group! You can listen to the demo via the above embed, or download it directly here!
- For the longest time, there was a lost game known simply as "The First hardcore erotic Game in the world!" (P.S. this page is NSFW but that kind of goes without saying); well, now, thanks to the uncovering of a new (or should I say old) advertisement for the game, we finally know the title, Machot drives it all...! The ad in question can be seen above, or at a higher resolution here; big thanks to retrocgads at tumblr for the provision of the ad and to LMW contributor Sylphelle for bringing it to our attention!
- Two notice board posts ago we reported that LMW contributor TayoEXE had managed to find a VHS recorded copy of the original English dub of Disney's Coyote Tales; we're happy to inform that the film has since been uploaded in its entirety and can be downloaded here! Big thanks to TayoEXE for coming through for us, your efforts are to be commended!
- The remaining lost English episodes of Disney's Teacher's Pet have been found! Big thanks to Goryparodies at the Disney's Teacher's Pet Facebook group for the provision of said episodes, available for viewing here!
- A hefty selection of lost episodes from the series Little Clowns of Happytown have been found (albeit in Korean dub)! The episodes have each been uploaded to Dailymotion courtesy of LMW contributor Awful BeBad, but are set to private and require a password (the password is lostmediawiki.com). A list of said Dailymotion links can be found here; thanks Awful BeBad!
- And finally, I'd like to leave you all with an awesome story of something that happened on Reddit recently. In a thread about things that others have seen vanish from the internet, one user recalled a track from yesteryear that they could no longer found online, the track in question being "New Noise" by This Year's Black. By sheer luck, or coincidence, or fate, or whatever you wanna call it, someone who used to be in the band unintentionally came across the post and provided the lost song! I just think stories like this are really great and it goes to show just how small of a world it is that we live in. The take-away message here is to keep hunting - you never know when the creator of a work might be made privvy to your search efforts!
That's gunna do it for this massive post, here's hoping I can get myself back into the swing of publishing notice boards on a bi-monthly or tri-monthly basis instead of just once a month, and, again, sincere thanks for putting up with my delays and absences, I appreciate the understanding and support a whole lot. Take it easy guys!
|Notice board archive|
- America's Most Wanted (lost reality legal TV show; 1988-2012) Added 11 Nov 2017 [New]
- Legendz (found English pilot dub of anime series; 2004) Added 10 Nov 2017 [New]
- The Best of the Worst (partially found Fox TV show; 1991) Added 08 Nov 2017 [New]
- Het Dwaallicht (lost Belgian film; 1973) Added 07 Nov 2017 [New]
- The Fire Within (lost film soundtrack; 1963) Added 06 Nov 2017 [New]
- Kyoro-Chan (rumored English dub of Japanese anime series; existence unconfirmed; 2010) Added 06 Nov 2017 [New]
- Alfred J. Kwak (partially lost English dub of Dutch animated series; 1989-1991) Added 06 Nov 2017 [New]
- Postopia (partially found online games; 2001-2011) Added 04 Nov 2017 [New]
- Mariah Carey - 'Underneath The Stars' (lost music video; 1995) Added 03 Nov 2017 [New]
- Robo Crosser (cancelled anime series; 2004-2008) Added 01 Nov 2017
- Cuphead (partially found cut content from 2D boss rush platformer; 2017) Added 30 Oct 2017
- Car Seat Headrest - "6" (lost demo album of indie rock band; 2011) Added 30 Oct 2017
- Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz YTV Promo (lost Canadian promo for anime film; 2000) Added 29 Oct 2017
- Goosebumps Series 2000 "The Incredible Shrinking Fifth Grader" (unreleased Goosebumps book; 2000) Added 29 Oct 2017
- Ghosts at School (partially found alternate English dub of anime series; 2006) Added 29 Oct 2017
- Yu-Gi-Oh! (partially found alternate English dub of anime series; early 2000s) Added 27 Oct 2017
- One Piece (partially found Singaporean English dub of anime series; 2003-2004) Added 26 Oct 2017
- Star Blazers 2199 (lost English pilot dub of anime series; 2013) Added 26 Oct 2017
- 12 Miles of Bad Road (partially found unaired HBO comedy series; 2007) Added 25 Oct 2017
- C. Martin Croker's "Forbidden File" (lost pornographic artwork of animator; existence unconfirmed; date unknown) Added 25 Oct 2017 [NSFW]
- Diddy Kong Racing Adventure (cancelled Nintendo GameCube sequel to "Diddy Kong Racing"; 2004) Added 24 Oct 2017
- The Warped Forest (lost Japanese art film; 2011) Added 24 Oct 2017
- Easy A (unreleased R-rated cut of teen comedy film; 2010) Added 24 Oct 2017
- Sennin Buraku (partially lost anime series; 1963-1964) Added 23 Oct 2017
- Silent Hill: Cold Heart (lost rejected pitch from horror game; 2007) Added 22 Oct 2017
- My Bloody Valentine - 'Ice Cream' (lost single from Irish shoegaze band; 1985) Added 22 Oct 2017
- Lamborghini (cancelled Xbox/PS2 racing game; 2003) Added 21 Oct 2017
- Ideal's Making Time ft. Cee-lo Green (lost R&B single; existence unconfirmed; 2004) Added 20 Oct 2017
- Mentors (partially found Canadian TV series; 1998-2002) Added 20 Oct 2017
- Seinfeld: "The Bet" (cancelled episode of TV sitcom; 1990s) Added 19 Oct 2017
- Os Amigos Vegetais (partially found "VeggieTales" Brazilian spin-off TV series; 2005) Added 18 Oct 2017
- Babe Comes Home (lost silent film; 1927) Added 18 Oct 2017
- The Itsy Bitsy Spider (partially found animated series; 1994) Added 17 Oct 2017
- 1 VS. 100 Live (inaccessible Xbox Live game; 2009) Added 14 Oct 2017
- Halo: Combat Evolved (cancelled PlayStation 2 port of Xbox game; 2001) Added 14 Oct 2017
- Michael Jackson (partially found unpublished songs; 1974-2009) Added 13 Oct 2017
- Regina Spektor “White Sessions” (found recordings; 2005-2009) Added 13 Oct 2017
- Batman: The Animated Series "The Dark Knight's First Night" (lost original music of animated series pilot episode; 1990) Added 12 Oct 2017
- Pop 'n' pop (lost PC puzzle game; 2001) Added 11 Oct 2017
- Super Mario RPG 2 (lost pre-release version of "Paper Mario" N64 game; late 1990s) Added 11 Oct 2017