Notice board archive
Post-move notice board posts
Pre-move notice board posts
Last notice board post
|MERRY CHRISTMAS! // DECEMBER ROUNDUP! (Added 27 Dec 2016)|
Hey guys, dycaite here with the final notice board post for 2016!
First things first: on behalf of all of us here at the Lost Media Wiki, I'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 2016 has been a BIG year for lost media findings (and for the site's growth) and it wouldn't have happened without all of our passionate readers and contributors, so to you all, we are very thankful. I would also personally like to give thanks to everyone who has written about the site, or given us a mention on YouTube this year (particularly Abraham Riesman, Sebastien Wesolowski, blameitonjorge and Pan-Pizza); I appreciate the exposure more than words can convey.
DECEMBER ROUNDUP (PLUS SOME STUFF WE MISSED EARLIER ON IN THE YEAR):
So, here we go (in no particular order):
- A bootleg recording of the All Dogs Go to Heaven extended Hell scene has been put online! It was recorded by Tumblr user SteamRunner, who was shown the clip by their animation lecturer (who worked on the film). Big thanks to both for getting this out in the open and also to YouTuber GustyPL for mirroring it (as seen above)!
- Kate Plays Christine (ie. one of the two Christine Chubbuck Sundance films) is now out on DVD and iTunes (for either digital rental or purchase)! I watched it myself a week or so ago and found it to be both fascinating and engaging; it also contains the most footage of Christine available to date and is definitely worth checking out, if not for that reason alone.
- All 13 episodes of The Mr. Potato Head Show have been found! Links to the respective episodes can be found on the show's article; big thanks to LMW users Paroos and Luray and to their anonymous source for unearthing these!
- A German copy of Coyote Tales has been found online! Though this copy does not contain subtitles, it is most definitely a good step in the right direction; thanks go to LMW user Soul Rhythm for the tipoff and MEGA mirror!
- More Chris Farley era Shrek sketches have surfaced! Thanks go to LMW user unclesporkums for finding these images throughout a number of online sources and letting us know of their existence!
- High quality English audio from "Minnie Takes Care of Pluto" has surfaced! The audio comes courtesy of YouTuber pshq and now the short can now finally be seen in it's intended quality (via a Polish TV rip spliced with the high quality English audio, seen above)! Thanks pshq!
- A copy of the unreleased Akira Game Boy game has been obtained by collector Patrick Scott Patterson! While the game has not been dumped as of this writing (and it's unclear if a cart dump is even on the table at this point, though he did state that he hopes the game reaches the public in some form in the future), Patterson has shared around 10 minutes of footage from the game on his YouTube channel (said footage can be seen above). Thanks Patrick!
- All 6 episodes of The Adventures of Paddy the Pelican have been found! As it turns out, these ones have been on MySpleen for nearly a year, spread throughout OldSkoolFan's WORST CARTOONS EVER! series of uploads. Big thanks to OldSkoolFan for the provision of these episodes and to YouTuber PoopToobYou for mirrors, the first of which can be seen above! One more note on ol' Paddy... Aaron Williams over at nodwick.com recently pointed out something rather humorous about these episodes having being unearthed and it would seem we are all doomed :P
- The June Foray Frosty the Snowman audio has been found! YouTuber FamulatorAlt managed to track down the audio on a rare Rhino Records CD release for the film and has posted a full restoration here (30 seconds of which can be seen above). Thanks for the Christmas gift FamulatorAlt!
- And finally today, just in case you missed it in the forums a few weeks back, we now have a new admin; please make LoserAtFinding welcome in his new role!
Phew, that has to be one of the biggest notice board posts I've ever had to write, though I s'pose it's a nice way to close out the year :)
Until we meet again in 2017, take it easy guys and thank you all for your continued support!