Orgy on My Own (found unreleased "Weird Al" Yankovic song; 1981)
Thumbnail of the video containing the song.
Date found: Nov 2012
Found by: JohnnyLurg
"Orgy On My Own" is a "Weird Al" Yankovic song recorded in 1981. The only confirmed time it has ever been played live was the second show on June 12th, 1981, at Knott's Berry Farm. Other than that, not much else is known.
This song is part of Al's early works, released before his self-titled debut album in 1983. It is no surprise that this song is unavailable, as most of Al's pre-1983 portfolio is in fact, unavailable, the main reason being that Al is very embarrassed about his early music, which is why his early music hasn't been played outside of some unrecorded episodes of the Dr. Demento Show. He has even said in an unknown interview with the public, that he would rather have a naked image of him released on the internet than have an old song released to the public.
"Orgy On My Own" was originally uploaded to YouTube in 2012 by user JohnnyLurg, but this video was taken down, which turned it back into being one of the rarest "Weird Al" Yankovic songs in existence. However, the song was eventually saved by Reddit user invisiblehippo97, who sent the file to Lost Media Wiki user stewartisme. The song was then uploaded to YouTube on September 5th, 2015, along with a mirror on MEGA.
- A keyboard version of this song was submitted to the Dr. Demento Show (a radio show dedicated to novelty songs like Al's), but it was never aired.
- This song is very unlike Al's other songs, as it has more "inappropriate" content, as opposed to Al's normal PG-Rated songs.
- Al doesn't actually sing the main part, he only does the background vocals and accordion. Lead vocals were performed by Joe Earley.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic Wikia page on the song. Retrieved 01 Jun '15
- MEGA link to a mirror of the song. Retrieved 05 Sep '15
- Weirdal.com setlists that mentions the song. Retrieved 29 Dec '18