Blaze and the Monster Machines (lost pitch pilot of Nick Jr. animated series; existence unconfirmed; 2012)
Blaze and the Monster Machines is a Nick Jr. animated series co-created by Jeff Borkin and Ellen Martin that's been airing on the channel since 2014. The series is about a living monster truck named Blaze and his driver, a boy named AJ who goes on many adventures with their monster truck friends Starla, Stripes, Zeg, Darington, and Watts as they fight their arch nemesis Crusher and his other truck friends throughout the series.
In 2012 a pilot was made to pitch the series to Nickelodeon. The pilot ended up getting the series greenlit by the network a couple of years later. Any information on the pilot is unknown as no footage or any information such as its plot is available aside from Gabby originally named Maddie, with the only mentioning of it comes from a 2012 article of Animation Magazine.
At some point 2 potential images of the pilot resurfaced one of them being an early logo for the series and the second an early version of Blaze and AJ both with slightly different designs. Another image had recently resurfaced, additionally showing the earlier design of the character Maddie (who would then be renamed Gabby), and some early renders.
As of 2023, footage or other information of this pilot has yet to resurface. It is currently unknown if the pilot exists considering its lack of evidence online. It's also not known if the screenshots are from the pilot.
Bumpers and Interstitials
- Loretta the Letter Lady (partially found Nick Jr. short interstitial series; mid 1990s)
- Nick Jr. (partially found revamped Face promos of Nickelodeon channel block; 2003-2004)
- Nick Jr. Power Play Summer (partially found Nick Jr. interstitial series; 2005)
- Snappy Larry's Showtime (partially found Nick Jr. UK interstitial series and American dub; mid-2000s)
- The Backyardigans (partially found Nick Digital pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2002)
- Blue Prints (found unaired pilot of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live-action series; 1994-1995)
- Bubble Guppies (found pitch pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2006)
- Dora the Explorer (partially found unaired pilots of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- Me and My Friends (partially found live-action pilot of "The Backyardigans" Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; 1998)
- Oswald (lost pitch pilot of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- PAW Patrol (lost pitch pilots and early concepts of Nick Jr. animated series; 2008-2013)
- Peppa Pig (found pitch pilot of Channel 5 animated series; 2002)
- Super Why! (found stop-motion Nick Jr. pilot of PBS Kids CGI animated series; 1999)
- The Umizumiz (partially found pitch pilot of "Team Umizoomi" Nick Jr. live-action/CGI animated series; 2008)
- Wallykazam! "Monty's Magic Words" (partially found pilot for Nick Jr. education series; 2010s)
- As Pistas da Blue (partially lost Portuguese adaptation of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live-action series; mid-2000s)
- The Backyardigans (partially lost British dub of Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; mid-late 2000s)
- Binyah Binyah! (found spin-off of "Gullah Gullah Island" Nick Jr. musical series; 1997-1998)
- Blue's Clues (found British adaptation of Nick Jr. animated/live-action series; 1998-2003)
- Bubble and Squeak (partially found Nick Jr. UK live-action puppet series; 2007-2010)
- Downward Doghouse (partially lost precursor to "Ni Hao, Kai-Lan" Nick Jr. animated series; 2000s)
- Made by Maddie (partially found Nick Jr. animated series; 2020)
- Riddle Blue/수수께끼 블루 (partially found Korean adaptation of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live-action series; 2000-2001)
- Whoopi's Littleburg (partially found Nick Jr. musical miniseries; 2004)
- Animation Magazine article that mentions the pilot. Retrieved 20 Apr '23