Cinemassacre Extra "Motherfuckin' Mario" (partially found YouTube live stream recording; 2016)
Cinemassacre is a video production company created by James Rolfe and Mike Matei. It hosts a variety of web series on its website and YouTube channel, the most notable ones being The Angry Video Game Nerd, James & Mike Mondays, Board James and Rental Reviews. Alongside the main YouTube channel, an alternative channel was created called "Cinemassacre Extra" (later changed to "Cinemassacre Plays" sometime after the article's subject was released). Said alternative channel contains live streams from Matei, high-quality uploads of old Angry Video Game Nerd episodes and deleted videos from the main channel amongst other things.
On June 17th, 2016, Matei did a live stream of the 1985 NES game Super Mario Bros. on the channel. What set the stream apart from others was Matei showing clear signs of inebriation whilst playing, leading to mixed opinions and criticism, making Matei delete the stream very shortly after it was done. Matei had never admitted to being drunk after the deletion, making the criticism worse in the process.
After the stream was deleted, all that has resurfaced is a 4-minute clip uploaded by YouTube user NinKenDog shortly after the deletion.
According to NinKenDog, the stream was about 2 hours long, with the surviving clip being the very end as Matei is seen turning the stream off. There are also claims of Matei's inebriation being "way worse" at the beginning of the stream, "falling over and dying on World 1-1, his slurring [being] really bad"; with him sobering up at the time of the clip. Witnesses of the stream recall a moment where people in the chat started spamming "Ham salad!", with Matei screaming the phrase throughout the stream afterwards, along with the quote: "Nobody plays real games anymore! I play real games, I've been doing this since I was fucking 12!".
The stream has gotten the nickname "Motherfuckin' Mario" (referring to one of Matei's nicknames, "Motherfucker Mike"), although when compared to the channel's other videos' names at the time, it was probably originally titled "Super Mario Bros (NES) live stream".
Aside from the clip, nothing else from the stream has resurfaced. Cinemassacre Extra's channel page was not archived when the stream was still available, and the only concrete proof that the stream existed is the surviving clip. Matei understandably does not want the stream back online again.
- The Angry Video Game Nerd "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" (lost original Nerd rant ending of online video review; 2006)
- Jimmy Rolfe Vs the Punching Bag (partially found James Rolfe short film; 1989)
Super Mario Bros.
- The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 "Mind Your Mummy Mommy, Mario" (found original "Wipeout" cover audio of animated series episode; 1990)
- After Hours "Why Mario is Secretly a Dick With a Mustache" (partially found extended version of internet video; 2012)
- Club Mario (partially found live-action segments of "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show" animated TV series; 1990)
- King Koopa's Kool Kartoons (partially found live-action "Super Mario Bros." spinoff TV series; 1989-1990)
- Super Mario 64 big star secret (partially found YouTube screamer video; 2007-2012)
- Super Mario Bros. (partially lost deleted scenes of Nintendo game-based film; 1993)
- Super Mario Bros.: Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen! (found anime/manga adaption of video game series; 1986)
- The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! (partially lost live-action segments of live-action animated TV show based on game series; 1989)
- Super Mario Land (found Ambassadors of Funk music video; 1992)
- YouTube comment on the stream's length. Retrieved 03 Oct '19
- /r/AVGN post about the stream. Retrieved 03 Oct '19
- /r/TheCinemassacre post about the stream. Retrieved 28 Nov '20
- Another /r/TheCinemassacre post about the stream. Retrieved 28 Nov '20
- The closest archived page of Cinemassacre Extra, about a month after the stream happened. Archived 12 Jul '16