Currys "We Can Help" Spots (partially found "The Simpsons" Sky One sponsorships ads from British electronics retailer; 2009-2010)
From 2009 to 2010, UK-based electronics retailer Currys had a series of sponsorships during advert breaks of The Simpsons on Sky One. These advertisements were developed by M&C Saatchi.
For many of the comedic adverts featured, each would often feature an individual attempting to use, fix, or recycle their household goods, or have them wait for a delivery. These would often make use of comedy for the unfortunate events that happen to the person(s) featured in the spots. Examples for these ads include one where a woman attempts to pack her fridge in her car boot and another where a man's television set falls unexpectedly.
Even though most of the adverts can be seen in this video, the rest of them are yet to be discovered. This too includes extended 30-second-long spots, which have been discovered.
Because of the number of spots aired, it is unknown how many have exactly been made and there have been claims on the sort of spots that have been shown. These include the following:
- Two boys shooting toy guns at a news reporter on TV, causing that to fall and break.
- Another featuring a husband cramming as many devices in his car, trapping his wife inside.
- A Christmas themed advert, involving a power outage.
- Another Christmas spot, featuring a woman waiting for a delivery, dances but eventually trips and knocks the Christmas tree over.
- A man accidentally dropping his new TV, finding out he broke it, much to his disgust.
- A man attempting to install a new TV, only to trip over and break it.
- A man, bored of waiting in, attempts to ski down a flight of stairs.
A "Behind-The-Scenes" video of these spots, uploaded onto Vimeo by Agile Films on July 19, 2011, features a collection of some of the advertisements that have been confirmed to exist and are yet to be discovered:
- A man attempting to install an electrical device with a drill, ending up drilling through the next room, much to a woman's dismay.
- A man attempting to install a washing machine, only to cause a leak that he tries in vain to fix.
- A woman trying to carry her packaged TV through the heavy wind.
- Two women seemingly going against each other at a Currys joint.
- The Simpsons (partially found deleted scenes of Fox animated sitcom; 1989-present)
- The Simpsons (partially found scripts for unproduced episodes of Fox animated sitcom; 1990s)
- The Simpsons "Some Enchanted Evening" (partially found original pilot of Fox animated sitcom; 1989-1990)
- The Simpsons Movie (partially found alternate versions and deleted scenes of animated comedy film; 2007)
- Fox Kids "Bartcasting" (partially found "The Simpsons" promo on children's program block; 1996)
- Season Six Alternative Packaging Program (lost audio from phone number based on "The Simpsons" animated TV sitcom; 2005-2011)
- Al-Shamshoon (partially lost unaired Arabic dubbed episodes of "The Simpsons" animated series; 2005)