Domino's App feat. Hatsune Miku (found discontinued Domino's Japan app for iPhone 5; 2013)
Domino's App feat. Hatsune Miku is a discontinued app formerly released on March 7th, 2013, that was a collaboration with Domino's and Hatsune Miku Kayac Inc. Unfortunately, the app was discontinued rendering it unavailable for download.
The infamous video, which was released a day before the app, has a video with the former CEO of Domino's Japan, Scott, talking about the various features and how the app was made, including a feature with augmented reality, probably the first app to include that. The app was taken down at an unknown date, presumably 2015 or 2016, when 4G arose and when the iPhone 6 was popular.
Nick Robinson, a long time anime enthusiast, downloaded the app on its initial release and wanted to retrieve the app after 7 years. He bought an iPhone 5 from eBay and found the app on his old iCloud account. With the help of two coders and Jason Scott, they eventually found a way to release the app again.
- Archive.org download link to the app (only for iPhone 5). Retrieved 10 May '20
- The official Twitter for the archived app. Retrieved 10 May '20
- Archived link to the taken down YouTube video. Retrieved 10 May '20
- Kayac article on the Domino's App feat. Hatsune Miku. Retrieved 10 May '20
- A mirrored version of the commercial. Retrieved 10 May '20