Dora the Explorer (partially found unaired pilot episodes of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
Dora the Explorer is an educational children's show created by Chris Gifford, Valerie Walsh Valdes, and Eric Weiner that ran from 2000 to 2015. It's one of the longest-running Nick Jr. shows, with over 140 aired episodes across its entire run. Additionally, there is an unaired pilot episode that was made to sell the show, and a test animation.
Not much is known about the pilot. The plot appears to be the same as the episode "Beaches". Dora's final design is shown in the test pilot, while Boots looks entirely different, more closely resembling the Grumpy Old Troll. Benny and Tico are also present, though the former is named Benito there.
On August 21st, 2018, Lost Media Wiki Discord member InfiniteGates found the last few minutes of the pilot on the official Funline Animation website. This clip appears to be of much lower quality than the other clip below, however.
Other Nick Jr. Pilots
- Blue Prints (partially found unaired pilot episode of "Blue's Clues" animated/live action TV series; 1995)
- Me and My Friends (partially found live-action pilot of "The Backyardigans" Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; 1998)
- Super Why! (lost stop-motion Nick Jr. pilot of PBS Kids CGI series; 1999)
- IMDb page on Dora the Explorer. Retrieved 12 Aug '16
- Info on the two Dora the Explorer pilots. Retrieved 21 Aug '18