Dora the Explorer (partially found unaired pilot episodes of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
Dora the Explorer is an educational children's show created by Chris Gifford, Valerie Walsh Valdes, and Eric Weiner that ran from 2000 to 2015. It's one of the longest-running Nick Jr. shows, with over 140 aired episodes across its entire run. Additionally, there is an unaired pilot episode that was made to sell the show, and a test animation.
Not much is known about the pilot. The plot appears to be the same as the episode "Beaches". Dora's final design is shown in the test pilot, while Boots looks entirely different, more closely resembling the Grumpy Old Troll. Benny and Tico are also present, though the former is named Benito there.
On August 21st, 2018, Lost Media Wiki Discord member InfiniteGates found the last few minutes of the pilot on the official Funline Animation website. This clip appears to be of much lower quality than the other clip below, however, and could possibly be from a different pilot for the show.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- The Backyardigans (partially found Nick Digital pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2002)
- Blue Prints (partially found unaired pilot of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live action series; 1994-1995)
- Bubble Guppies (partially found unaired pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2006)
- Me and My Friends (partially found live-action pilot of "The Backyardigans" Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; 1998)
- Super Why? (partially found stop-motion Nick Jr. pilot of PBS Kids CGI series; 1999)
- The Umizumiz (partially found unaired pilot of "Team Umizoomi" Nick Jr. CGI-animated/live-action series; 2008)
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Info on the two Dora the Explorer pilots. Retrieved 21 Aug '18