Grand Theft Auto (lost build of cancelled Sega Saturn port of action-adventure game; 1997)
Grand Theft Auto Sega Saturn was a planned port of the first Grand Theft Auto game onto the Sega Saturn. Due to the series gaining popularity, the series publisher Rockstar Games wanted to port the game to all of the various consoles that were on the market at the time. The port was due to release in December of 1996
Despite Grand Theft Auto having been planned to have a Sega Saturn port with an announcement in Sega Power magazine, the sales for the Sega Saturn were poor. This caused Rockstar Games to cancel the port of Grand Theft Auto to the Sega Saturn. Another reason why Rockstar Games dropped the port was to focus on the PC version of the game.
No prototypes/betas of the Sega Saturn version have been leaked to the public and very little other information is known about the port.
- Grand Theft Auto 64 (lost build of cancelled Nintendo 64 port of action-adventure game; 1999)
- Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (lost builds of cancelled GameCube ports of open-world games; existence unconfirmed; early 2000's)
- Grand Theft Auto V (lost build of cancelled Wii U port of open-world game; existence unconfirmed; 2013)
- ZTA (lost build of cancelled PlayStation Portable zombie action-adventure open world game; mid-2000s)
- An Unseen64 article on the Nintendo 64 port, which mentions the Sega Saturn port. Retrieved 19 Sept '18
- The Sega Saturn page on Grand Theft Auto. Retrieved 18 Jan '19
- Sega Saturn fan website about Grand Theft Auto. Retrieved 30 Nov '17