Lurpak commercials (partially lost British adverts; 1990s)
(Redirected from Lurpak Commercials (Lost Full Versions of British Adverts; 1990s))
|The Douglas character.|
One of the various series of commercials created by British animation studio Aardman is for the Lurpak brand, centered around the character of Douglas (who is made out of butter) and his trumpet and the female narrator that often gets annoyed by him.
Many of the adverts were uploaded to the internet through YouTube, though some of them cannot be found in their original versions or at all. There was a Douglas video tape released that went over ads made to that point that featured some otherwise unseen. To coincide with the 1992 Olympics, Lurpak had a special "Gold Coins" promotion and six Douglas adverts to go with it, in which he tries out a lot of different sports that his food-based and sized surroundings will allow him. There were the following:
1. Hurdling (over napkins down the dining table) [LOST; footage seen in the Douglas video]
2. Diving (Into cake mix from a bread knife) [FOUND; as in the Douglas video version]
3. Weight lifting (using carrot slices on a cocktail stick) [LOST; footage seen in the Douglas video]
4. Discus (Carrot slice again) [FOUND]
5. (Trampolining on bread) [LOST; footage seen in the Douglas video]
6. (Running) [LOST; footage seen in the Douglas video]
Another ad had the narrator forcing the uncooperative Douglas into shot and to speak properly to the camera. This can be found, but only as presented within the Douglas video.