Osmosis Jones (partially found PG-13 cut of animated comedy film; 2001)
Osmosis Jones is a live-action/animated film, released in 2001, directed by the Farrelly Brothers. It stars Chris Rock as Osmosis Jones, a clumsy white blood cell, and David Hyde Pierce as Drix, a determined duty-serving cold pill, who is Osmosis Jones's partner and best friend. The two together have to defeat Thrax, voiced by Laurence Fishburne, a virus who is set to kill Frank, played by Bill Murray, the man whose body they are in. It was a box-office bomb and was met with mixed reviews.
History[edit | edit source]
Osmosis Jones suffered through development hell, switching directors from Tom Sito and Piet Kroon to Peter and Bob Farrelly. The film was originally rated PG-13. However, Warner Bros. wanted the film to be more family-friendly oriented, so it was cut down to meet PG standards.
Found Deleted Scenes[edit | edit source]
- Drix complaining about his need to go inside of the nose and throat.
- Frank's nose leaking, while he's picking his nose. Osmosis saves Drix from being on Frank's finger, and they are inhaled into the sinuses.
- The scene where Osmosis and Drix chase Thrax is extended; Thrax leaps from his car and glides away. Osmosis and Drix take a shortcut to the uvula by riding inside of the esophagus, where they ride over an acid belch. Osmosis's line "What the hell is a uvula?" is changed to "What the heck is a uvula?."
Lost Deleted Scenes[edit | edit source]
- Osmosis and Drix going to Gonad's Gym, located in Frank's testicles, to exercise his sperm.
- Mayor Phlegmming realizes his mistakes and resigns his presidency to Tom Colonic.
- A young Osmosis going to a family reunion, while Frank is getting a blood drive, taking away Osmosis's family away from him.
- Osmosis and Drix visiting See World, an amusement park located behind Frank's eye.