Peppa Pig (found pitch pilot of British children's animated TV series; 2002)
Peppa Pig is a British animated children's series co-created by Neville Astley and Mark Baker that first aired in 2004 on Channel 5 and still airs to this day. The show centers around a young pig name Peppa as she spends each episode with her family and friends as they engage in everyday activities.
Pilot[edit | edit source]
In 2002 a pilot was made to pitch the series to Channel 5. Until recently the only evidence of the pilot existence was from a Nick Jr. Australia promo which shows Peppa laughing while laying on the ground.
The pilot was first screened in 2002 at a convention in Snowdonia, Wales and again at the London Animation Club convention in 2017 when an unknown user recorded the pilot on their camera and uploaded it (along with the pilot for Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom) onto their YouTube channel on April 29th, 2021. The video had since been taken down and was reuploaded by YouTuber BlueFrog a few days later.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The pilot had elements that were later reused in various episodes of the show.
- Peppa acted a bit more bossy and cheeky compared to the final show.
- An early version of the theme song is played in the background of the pilot.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
Footage[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
Peppa Pig[edit | edit source]
Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom[edit | edit source]
- Little Kingdom (found pitch pilot of "Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom" British-Canadian children's animated TV series; 2005)
Milkshake! (Channel 5)[edit | edit source]
- Audrey and Friends (partially found Milkshake! animated series; 2002)
- Jelly Jamm (partially found pitch pilot of British Spanish children's animated TV series; 2009)
- Pip Ahoy! (partially found unaired pilot of animated series; 2013)
- Roary the Racing Car (lost pitch pilot of British children's stop-motion animated TV series; 2005)
- Roary the Racing Car (partially found American English dub of British children's stop-motion animated TV series; 2008-2012)
CITV (ITV)[edit | edit source]
- Astro Farm (partially found CiTV claymation series; 1990s)
- Billy (partially found CITV animated series; 1998-1999)
- The Diamond Brothers: South by South East (partially found ITV adaptation of children's detective book; 1991)
- Dream Street (found British children's TV series; 1999-2002)
- The Fugitives (partially found British children's sci-fi TV series; 2005)
- Pocoyo (partially lost pilots of Spanish-British children's animated comedy TV series; 2002-2004)
- Ripley and Scuff (partially found British children's television series; 2002-2003)
- Sooty's Amazing Adventures (partially lost animated spin-off of Sooty; 1996-1997)
- The Spooks of Bottle Bay (partially found British children's TV series; 1993-1995)
- StarStreet (partially lost British children's television series; 2001-2002)
- The Twins (partially found animated series; 2000)