Remothered (cancelled remake of horror game "Clock Tower"; 2007-2012)
Remothered was a planned remake of the 1995 horror game Clock Tower that was being developed by Mansyon Soft in 2007 with the RPG Maker XP engine and was slated for a release in 2011, but was canceled in 2012.
The story was to have been based on the original's, but with slight changes, such as the name of the protagonist being changed from Jennifer Simpson to Jennifer Sutton. It also would have featured new characters such as Madame Svenska and Richard Felton.
The game underwent different changes in the time lapse from 2009 to 2012, particularly in the history, characters, and scenarios. And little by little, the story turned away almost entirely from the original Clock Tower's story. A possible sequel to the original was also announced but never came to materialize due to the remake's cancellation in 2012.
In 2016, the project was re-launched under the name Remothered: Tormented Fathers featuring an entirely different story from that of Clock Tower.
Prior to the cancellation, fragments of the game's soundtracks and gameplay videos were uploaded to YouTube, but most of them were taken down.
- A discussion of the game's turn from the original Clock Tower story. Retrieved 27 Aug '16
- Gameplay footage for Remothered Retrieved 27 Aug '16
- In-game footage for Remothered. Retrieved 27 Aug '16
- A teaser for Remothered. Retrieved 27 Aug '16
- More in-game footage for the game. Retrieved 27 Aug '16
- Page with a lot of screenshots and conceptual art of the game. Retrieved 27 Aug '16
- Some unreleased piano music for Remothered. Retrieved 27 Aug '16