Robots Revenge (lost Discovery robot combat documentary series; 2001)
Robots Revenge was a robot combat documentary series that was broadcast on Discovery Home and Leisure in 2001. The documentary series followed the construction of the competitor robots before they would compete in a large battle at the end of the episode.
Very little information is known about the series. What is known is that Robots Revenge marked the debut of Barber-Ous, a heavyweight drum spinner who would eventually become a heat-finalist in Series 6 of Robot Wars. Although its construction was shown, it was banned from competing in its battle as it was considered too dangerous. However, its team would build another robot, Office Party, a flipper who would eventually win the competition.
Another episode consisted of an antweight competition. This has been confirmed by the Team Panda website, who stated that Pants, an antweight that competed in Robot Wars: Extreme Series 1 and 2's antweight competitions, also appeared in the series. Other teams confirmed to have appeared in the series include Team Lightning and Team Big Brother.
Likely due to its relative obscurity, with its existence confirmed only thanks to the help of several competing teams, no episodes have resurfaced online. Only a five-and-a-half-minute video, showcasing Lightning versus Killer Carrot, can be found on YouTube. It also remains highly unlikely that Discovery will re-air the series in the near future too.
- 1995 Robot Wars UK Open (partially found rejected robot combat TV show pilot; 1995)
- BattleBots (found game show; 2000-2002)
- Mechanoids (partially found BBC game show; 2003)
- Robotica (partially lost game show; 2001-2003)
- Robot Wars (lost MTV pilot of British robot combat gameshow; 2000)
- Robot Wars (partially found unaired or partially aired battles of BBC gameshow; 1998-2017)
- Robot Wars: Extreme Warriors: Season 1 (found TNN robot combat gameshow; 2001)
- Robot Wars Revealed (partially found BBC Choice spin-off of robot combat gameshow; 1998)
- Robot Wars: Series 8 (lost unaired pilot of BBC gameshow; 2016)
- Robot Wars: The Kick-Off (lost BNN robot combat special; 2001)