Super Dog Booby: Akachan Daibōken no Maki (lost build of cancelled Famicom game; 1991)
Super Dog Booby: Akachan Daibōken no Maki (スーパードッグブービー 赤ちゃん大ぼうけんの巻 Super Dog Booby: Tale of Baby's Great Adventure) is a cancelled comic book-style platform action game that was in development in 1991 by Jaleco for the Famicom.
When Alfred's mother dozed off asleep, baby Alfred has hit the streets. To protect him, Booby must battle menacing gangs and bulldogs. Booby's mission is to lead Alfred to a safe place.
Alfred doesn't know where he is going, he is on an exciting adventure.
The player would use Booby's super abilities to help Alfred. When an enemy is in the player's way, they would use the A button to kick. The player would come across a gang wielding large nets or faced against a tough-looking bulldog, Booby would bravely take a fighting stance.
The game was initially planned to be released in May of 1991; however, it was delayed until June and then later pushed to one more month before it was cancelled for unknown reasons.
No prototypes or any other information on the game have resurfaced.
- Unseen64 article. Retrieved 26 May '16.
- Translated information by Reddit user drawer. Retrieved 18 Oct '16.
- Archived GeoCities Japan website article about the game. Retrieved 26 May '16.
- Japanese Wiki website about cancelled games. Retrieved 26 May '16.
- Japanese website article. Retrieved 26 May '16.