Super Why! (partially found stop-motion Nick Jr. pilot of PBS Kids CGI series; 1999)
Super Why! is an animated television show about a kid who jumps into books. The show was created by Blue's Clues creator Angela Santomero in 1999, and a pilot was also made for Nick Jr. by Cuppa Coffee Animation in Toronto, Canada.
The most notable difference between the pilot and the 2007 show is that the pilot was animated in stop-motion animation instead of CGI animation. The designs for the characters also seem to be quite different. No footage of the pilot has surfaced anywhere, however.
On February 19th, 2021, the sound used for the intro was found by Stephen Laurent and Scramble Fan 2021. However, the audio is apparently higher-pitched, and the beginning and end of the music is cut off.
Other Nick Jr. Pilots
- Blue Prints (partially found unaired pilot episode of "Blue's Clues" animated/live action TV series; 1995)
- Dora the Explorer (partially found unaired pilot episodes of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- Me and My Friends (partially found live-action pilot of "The Backyardigans" Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; 1998)
- A website mentioning the pilot. Retrieved 22 Mar '14
- Super Why! Wiki page on the pilot. Retrieved 26 Feb '21
- Kidscreen article on the Super Why! pilot. Retrieved 22 Mar '14