The Mountain Goats (unreleased songs from American indie folk band; 1990s-present)
The band members (top) Jon Wurster, (left to right) Matt Douglas, John Darnielle, and Peter Hughes.
The Mountain Goats are an indie folk band that formed in 1991. Since their formation, they've released around 350-400 songs. Despite the steady flow of releases, some of their songs have gone unreleased.
Lost Song List
- 'History of the Church' (Part 1) (played once at Munchie's, a club in Pomona, California.)
- 'Chilean Fire Barrel' (played on KSPC radio December 13th, 1992.)
- 'Going to California' (also played at Munchie's once.)
- 'Pennsylvania Dutch Treat' (played April 4th, 1998, at Duke Coffeehouse, Durham.)
- 'Pure Sun' (played on August 23rd, 1994, in Massachusetts.)
- 'We Shall All Be Healed' (Date is unknown)
- 'I Might Compare' (this had one appearance at the Castro Theatre in California on December 14th, 2010.)
- 'You Take the High Road' (made its only appearance in Athens Georgia on January 23rd, 1999.)
- 'Italian Guns' (appeared partially in Pennsylvania at the Rangos Ballroom in 2014.)
- 'Hommel West' (played at Off Broadway in St. Louis on September 8th, 2015.)