Tinseltown (lost LGBT sitcom pilot; 2007)
Tinseltown was a 15-minute television pilot made by The Jim Henson Company for the Logo Network, under its "Henson Alternative" banner. The pilot aired as part of the "Alien Boot Camp" programming block in 2007, and featured both puppets and live actors as characters. The series was not picked up by the network, and it fell into obscurity.
The pilot starred Bill Barretta and Brian Henson as Bobby and Samson.
The pilot revolves around a couple named Bobby and Samson, an anthropomorphic bull and pig - both portrayed by puppets - balancing their lives in Hollywood, alongside a cast of supporting human characters consisting of Samson’s ex-wife Lena, their foster son Foster, and their manservant Arturo.
If the pilot were made into a series by Logo, it likely would’ve been similar to the lost pilot.
- Bill Barretta as Bobby Vegan
- Brian Henson as Samson Knight
- Mia Sara as Lena
- Paul Butcher as Foster
- Francesco Quinn as Arturo
- Michelan Sisti as assistant puppeteer for Bobby Vegan
- Drew Massey as assistant puppeteer for Samson Knight
The pilot used to be available on Logo’s website, but it was later removed. Currently, the pilot is not available online, but videos featuring characters Bobby and Samson (unrelated to Tinseltown) can be viewed on YouTube.
Bobby and Samson later appeared in the improv stage show Stuffed and Unstrung, as the show’s producers.
- A Muppet Central thread about Tinseltown. Retrieved 20 Apr '20
- Another Muppet Central thread on Tinseltown. Retrieved 20 Apr '20
- IMDb page on Tinseltown. Retrieved 20 Apr '20
- The link to the pilot, from Logo's website. Retrieved 20 Apr '20
- An article from The New York Times that mentions Tinseltown. Retrieved 20 Apr '20
- Another article on Tinseltown. Retrieved 20 Apr '20