Arm Champs (lost Jaleco arm wrestling arcade game; 1988)
Arm Champs was an arm wrestling arcade game released by Jaleco in 1988. The game was later followed by its more popular 1992 sequel Arm Champs II.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The objective of the game is to beat your opponent in an arm wrestling match with the arm strength of the player being measured during each round. The game has two modes. One mode allows the player to freely select an opponent to arm wrestle against. The second mode is a tournament mode where the player cannot select an opponent and instead must arm wrestle each opponent in order of difficulty. The game has five opponents each representing a country from around the world. There is Nessie Papillon (a female champ and a British professional wrestler), Mad Foreman (an unemployed man from Germany), Cho Yeongping (a Chinese fisherman), Mike Robinson (a South African miner), and Wolf Adams (an American convoy driver).
Availability[edit | edit source]
While there are ROM dumps of Arm Champs II available online, Arm Champs on the other hand can only be played in arcades that have the arcade machine. There are currently no ROM dumps of Arm Champs online and it cannot be found through MAME or any arcade emulating website.
Videos[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Wikiwand description of Arm Champs and Arm Champs II (Japanese Only)
- Arm Champs listed on a category of "unMAMEd Jaleco Games"
- The arcade flyer for the Arm Champs 1988 Jaleco arcade game.
- Another arcade flyer showing the five opponents and how to play the game.
- A page from The Armwrestling Archives that lists Arm Champs and Arm Champs II.