BIONICLE Legends 7: Invasion (unpublished book from "BIONICLE" novels; 2007)
|This article has been tagged as Needing work for its lack of clarity and structure.|
BIONICLE Legends #7: Invasion was originally scheduled to be the seventh book of BIONICLE Legends, which was the third series of chapter books based on LEGO's BIONICLE line. It was written by Greg Farshtey, like most other BIONICLE (and, in general, LEGO) material at the time. However, book sales had fallen that year, and publisher Scholastic decided to drop the amount of BIONICLE novels in 2007 from four to three. Since Invasion was the only one that dealt with mostly side-story rather than the main 2007 storyline, it was chosen. The more story-relevant book Prisoners of the Pit ended up becoming BIONICLE Legends #7. Invasion was never finished, and whatever was written for it was lost when the author got a new computer.
Known content includes:
- The Toa Inika journeying down the Cord towards Mahri Nui.
- The Spear of Fusion, having been snapped to pieces by Reidak in Inferno, being repaired through its own power by Vezon.
- The Toa Inika encountering Vezon, who slams Matoro's head into a wall.
- Jaller incinerates the Spear of Fusion, preventing it from ever being used again.
- The Toa Inika running into a colony of hostile Zyglak.
- Vezon being dragged away by the Zyglak.
- Hahli being injured in battle.
- Makuta Teridax possessing Matoro's spiritless body while the latter used his Mask power of astral projection to scout ahead, and then stealing Hahli's Mask of Detection.
- The Toa Inika forcing Teridax out of Matoro's body by threatening to kill it.
The book was also supposed to explain the relationship between Zyglak and Krana. This relationship was later revealed in LEGO Magazine and BIONICLE Encyclopedia Updated. The rest of the known events were revealed either in BIONICLE Encyclopedia Updated or by posts Greg Farshtey made online.