Batman: Clean and Dirty (partially found "Sesame Street" animated segment; 1970)
In Season 1 of Sesame Street, Batman and Robin appeared in animated segments done by Filmation, in the same style as their 1969 animated show, The Adventures of Batman. In total, four segments were used for the show; Batman first appeared in the first test pilot of Sesame Street (available on the DVD, Old School: Volume 2) and later had three more segments in the main series.
The first three segments, "Batman Crosses the Street", "Around/Up/Through", and the untitled Ernie and Bert segment from the pilot featuring Batman are available on the DVD sets Old School: Volume 1, 40 Years of Sunny Days, and Old School: Volume 2 respectively.
The final segment, which first aired in "Episode 99", was titled "Clean and Dirty" and was intended to teach kids the difference between clean and dirty. It was 51 seconds long and reportedly featured The Penguin's gang, who had dirty windows. Verification of the segment's existence, length, and first airing came from materials at the CTW Archives in the University of Maryland.
- Muppet Wiki page for Old School: Volume 1, verifying this segment's name. Retrieved 17 Aug '16
- Muppet Wiki page giving a description of the segments. Retrieved 17 Aug '16
- Muppet Wiki page for the first episode this segment was in. Retrieved 17 Aug '16
- Muppet Wiki list of subsequent episodes in which it appeared. Retrieved 17 Aug '16
- Paper from the CTW Archives that gives the official title and the length. Retrieved 15 Feb '19