Be Safe with the Tweenies (partially lost safety shorts of British children's TV series; 2003-2008)
Be Safe with the Tweenies was a series of 27 shorts about being safe around certain situations (like railways and/or sheds). These shorts aired on the British children's channel CBeebies between 2003 and 2008. As of now, two of the shorts remain unavailable for public consumption, including one that was reportedly banned from broadcast due to the use of knives. The shorts are also known as the Tweenies Safety Shorts.
About[edit | edit source]
Be Safe with the Tweenies, as the title suggests, was a show about being safe. The theme for the intro was remade and was much shorter than the Tweenies intro.
Episodes are available on BBC Redux. However, this service is only available to those with a functioning @bbc.co.uk e-mail address.
Intro[edit | edit source]
There are different scenes in the intro. A description of the scene will be on the left while the known episode would be on the right:
- Max with a video camera - "Throwing" (as the description shows that Max was planning to make a movie of the children).
- Bella smashing a teapot - "Kettle and Teapot."
- Jake throwing sand at the camera - "Throwing."
- Milo with his birthday cake - "Candles."
- Jake holding a breadknife - "Knives."
- Bella holding a pair of dangerous garden cutters - "Sheds."
- Milo, for some reason, is stuck upside down, and Bella is trying to save him - "Doors and Windows."
- Max with gardening gear - "Sheds."
- Fizz finding dangerous bottles - "Cleaning Materials."
- Fizz tangled in wires - "Electric Sockets and Cables."
- Judy with a guitar - "Railway Lines."
- Jake with incredibly blunt scissors - "Scissors."
- Doodles the dog tripping over a stuffed snake - "Leaving Toys Left Around."
- Izzles the dog near soft shapes with Milo - "Fire Safety."
- The Tweenies playing on a climbing frame - Might be "Slides."
Shorts[edit | edit source]
|Cleaning Materials||Fizz finds dangerous bottles and decides to play with them.||Found|
|Leaving Toys Left Around||The Tweenies carelessly trip over toys.||Found|
|Throwing||Max records the Tweenies playing.||Found|
|Sheds||Bella and Jake want to go to Max's shed.||Found|
|Swings||Izzles the dog is unsafe near a swing set.||Found|
|Slide||Milo is being unsafe on a slide.||Found|
|Matches||Jake finds matches.||Found|
|Don't Go There||The dangers of playing in a fridge.||Found|
|Lost||Max gets lost in a garden center.||Found|
|Road Safety||The Tweenies learn about road safety.||Found|
|Dogs||Jake gets bitten by an unfriendly dog.||Found|
|Candles||It is Milo's birthday and he nearly gets burned by a candle.||Found|
|Fire Safety||We learn about fire safety.||Found|
|Travelling by Train||We learn about train safety.||Found|
|Electric Sockets and Cables||The Tweenies learn about electricity.||Found|
|Knives||The Tweenies are learning about knife safety. A scene shown Jake holding a bread knife was in the intro.||Lost|
|Ponds||Safety near ponds.||Found|
|Scissors||Jake plays with blunt scissors.||Found|
|Rivers||Safety near rivers.||Found|
|Dialling 999||Bella tells the others about an emergency.||Found|
|Railway Lines||Max shows us how to be safe near train lines.||Found|
|Hot Cooker||Accidents with cookers.||Found|
|Kettle and Teapot||Bella thinks she is very good at making tea, but disaster strikes. Bella screaming when she smashed the teapot was in the intro.||Found|
|Canal||Safety with canals.||Found|
|Doors and Windows||Safety with doors and windows.||Found|
|Beach||Max goes to a beach.||Found|
|Horses||Safety near horses.||Lost|
External Link[edit | edit source]
- MEGA mirror of the short "Railway Lines." Retrieved 02 Jun '15
References[edit | edit source]
- A Didiguide that has a section on the show. Retrieved 08 May '15
- A website associated with the BBC that mentions the other name of the shorts. Retrieved 08 May '15