Blue's Clues (partially found KBS Korean adaptation of Nickelodeon TV series; 2000)
Blue's Clues is an American children's television show that ran on Nickelodeon from 1996 to 2006. Blue's Clues is about a dog named Blue and her owner, Steve. The show later moved to a new actor for the owner who went by the name Joe. The series would later return in 2019 with new episodes along with a new host named Josh.
Due to the rise in popularity surrounding Blue's Clues, a Korean adaptation would be produced. This version of Blue's Clues would air on South Korean television network KBS2 in the year 2000. The major difference between the American and the KBS2 versions of the show is how the character of Steve was replaced by a different character referred to as "Uncle", played by comedian HyunShup Shin. Another change made to the Korean adaptation was the opening theme song to the show being replaced by a Korean folk song.
Very little footage of the KBS2 adaptation of Blue's Clues has surfaced. Of the footage that has surfaced, a bumper for the Korean adaptation featuring a clip of the show was uploaded to YouTube by the user 고동현 (Ko Dong-hyun) and later re-uploaded to Archive.org by the user DKL3. Another brief clip of the series was shown on the Blue's Clues 10th-anniversary special Behind the Clues: 10 Years with Blue.
Along with the limited footage available, a Korean blogger managed to find a tape containing some footage of the KBS2 version of Blue's Clues and posted some screenshots of the footage they found. Another Korean blogger got a hold of the theme song to the adaptation and posted it onto their blog.
On June 16, 2020, a full episode of the series would resurface after being uploaded to YouTube by the user 빛나는길TV (Shining Road TV).
- Wikipedia page on Blue's Clues. Retrieved 02 Aug '19
- An article from Busan.com about the KBS2 adaptation of Blue's Clues (in Korean). Retrieved 18 Apr '19
- A Korean blog with a video of the theme song to the KBS2 version of Blue's Clues. Retrieved 02 Aug '19
- A post from a Korean blogger containing screenshots from an episode of the Korean adaptation. Retrieved 17 Mar '17
- A link to the YouTube upload of the full episode in question. Retrieved 17 Jun '20