Bubble Guppies (partially found unaired pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2006)
Bubble Guppies is an animated series on Nick Jr. created by Robert Scull and Jonny Belt and produced by WildBrain Entertainment. The series revolves around six fish-tailed children learning about various preschool subjects throughout each episode by their teacher, Mr. Grouper. It premiered around 2011 and became a success, with episodes still being produced up to this day. A pilot episode was produced and pitched to Nickelodeon, though it was greenlit, the pilot has not resurfaced since and fell into obscurity.
Development[edit | edit source]
The series was being produced at Guru Studio and Nick Digital in September 2006. On January 2007, an episode known as "Happy Clam Day" was finished and ready to be produced. Many of the characters didn't have the same voice actors and the animation is drastically different from the final product.
Guru Studio and Nickelodeon had the series due to air around the late 2000s for their first season, but only 10 episodes were produced at the time. Around five months after the tenth episode was finished, Viacom laid off approximately 720 staff members from their company, including the employees for Guru Studio and Nick.
The show's producers decided to give up hope after the mass firing until WildBrain heard about the series and decided to pick it up. Adjustments were made and the series was in competition with Team Umizoomi, but both shows ended up getting produced. On January 24th, 2011, the series made its debut and had 20 episodes ready to air.
Availability[edit | edit source]
The plot of the pilot is unknown, as what has resurfaced do not give any more information for the pilot.
A video known as "Nickkit UberHotmix LOSSLESS-desktop.m4v" was posted on YouTube, showing clips from the pilot and other Nickelodeon pilots, but the video was privatized in 2019 for unknown reasons.
As of now, only one small clip from a reel, some 2D images, and a screenshot of the pilot along with a few concept art images had resurfaced.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- The Backyardigans (partially found Nick Digital pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2002)
- Blue Prints (partially found unaired pilot of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live action series; 1994-1995)
- Dora the Explorer (partially found unaired pilot episodes of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- Me and My Friends (partially found live-action pilot of "The Backyardigans" Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; 1998)
- Super Why? (partially found stop-motion Nick Jr. pilot of PBS Kids CGI series; 1999)
- The Umizumiz (partially found unaired pilot of "Team Umizoomi" Nick Jr. CGI-animated/live-action series; 2008)
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- C21media article mentioning both shows. Retrieved 14 Jun '21