Cyborg Kuro-chan (partially found Malaysian English dub of anime series; early 2000s)
Cyborg Kuro-chan was an anime series, lasting from October 2nd, 1999, to January 6th, 2001, on TV Tokyo in Japan. It was about a housecat named Kuro, who was kidnapped and turned into a cyborg by an evil scientist, named Dr. Go, for his plans of world domination.
An English dub of the series was made, presumably in Malaysia, but only episodes 3-12 are currently available to watch online. The dub originally aired on Animax Asia in 2004, all 65 episodes were dubbed. The dub itself is highly rare, and the credits sequence is still in its unaltered, all Japanese language form, with no sign of the dub's voice actors, or the dubbing company itself. The first 14 episodes were released as VCDs by "Speedy Video Malaysia" which were sold on various websites in the early to late 2000s.
While episodes 3-12 are the only full episodes available online, there does exist a clip of the series' 2nd episode, which can be seen in the video below. The 1st and 2nd episodes do exist, but only on the mentioned VCDs, and not online.
Lost Media Wiki forum user "arthurjameshasoline" (formerly Multi3463 on YouTube) has uploaded the raw VCD DAT files & scans of the discs containing episodes 3-10. Scans for the disc containing episodes 11 & 12 are present but as of August 2018, the DAT files still haven't been uploaded.
User DavoDoss (aka Luke Davidson) has episodes 3-12 uploaded on his Dailymotion account (Cyborg Kuro-chan Archive). Episodes 11 & 12 were both on YouTube at one time but were taken down. Episodes 1 & 2 are still not online as of August 2018.
Episodes[edit | edit source]
1. Powerful Cyborg Cat is Born Kuro the cat is fed by an old couple (Grand-ba & Grand-ma), Kuro takes care of his home very well and the housebreaking never happened. Dr. Goal wants to transform Kuro into a powerful robot cat, which he is fully under his control. When Kuro found himself to be transformed into a cyborg cat and is able to speak, he refused to follow Dr. Goal's instructions and rushes back to get married to his lover Puhrry. At the same time, Micoon is created by Dr. Goal to catch Kuro.
2. Robot Cats Micoon promised to catch Kuro and wanted to show proof that he is the strongest cyborg cat in the world. Micoon has set a trap to kidnap Kuro's Grand-ba & Grand-ma. Kuro has no choice but to take part in the competition. Of course, robot cats are not a threat to Kuro but Micoon, the final antagonist.
3. Inferno Highway Micoon possesses a powerful weapon after his transformation, he can transmute himself into everything he wants. They immediately kidnap the old couple again. A terrible racing and battling started between Micoon and Kuro at the Highway. Finally, Micoon was flunked. In fact, Kuro does win in ruin.
4. Robot Giant Sam & Little Sam In order to beat Kuro, Dr. Goal invented Giant Sam and Little Sam. However, Dr. Goal has locked himself into the Giant Sam and the boom was activated accidentally. Micoon managed to delay the explosion of the activated boom for 24 hours, but he failed to save Dr. Goal from danger. Finally, under the cooperation between Micoon and Kuro, the robot crisis has been resolved.
5. Micoon's Puppy Love Micoon is found to be in a gloomy state recently. Micoon told Kuro that he was saved by a female dog named Lily and has fallen in love with Lily. Since Lily is considered as Micoon's first love, Kuro decides to help Micoon. Everything goes smoothly under Kuro's plans until Dr. Goal has invented a Machine Dog for Micoon, who causes problems for them at last.
6. Abduction A high stranger appeared in Kuro's house one day and informed Kuro that Micoon had been kidnapped at Atlanta. Coincidentally, Gran-ba and Grand-ma are going to Atlanta for their honeymoon. Kuro shelters himself in luggage to protect Gran-ba and Grand-ma. They met the high stranger, who was under the control of an alien. Kuro managed to save Micoon and destroy the alien.
7. The Biggest Ghost - Buster Graming History Romeo felt bored and decided to use Dr. Goal, Grand-ba and Grand-ma's life as a threat to force Kuro and Micoon to play a game with him. In order to complete the game, Kuro and Micoon must press the button within 2 hours.
8. Icon Competition Between Kuro and Micoon Kuro decided to join the tracking tour with Suzuki and schoolboys. Kuro has never known that he will meet Micoon. In the bus, Micoon seems to be an icon and popular to all schoolboys. Kuro felt jealous about this.
9. Legend of the Hill Behind the School Kuro, Micoon, Dr. Goal, Romeo and kids decided to visit Mr. Suzuki. In the house of Suzuki, they found a map inherited by Suzuki's family and believed it was a rich place full of jewelry. All of the guys believe in the legend.
10. Traps They have well-equipped and begin their journey for treasure hunting. The first problem arose when they are faced with a dangerous and broken hanging bridge. They finally found the place with traps and snares. Could they overcome it?
11. The Genius Kuro found another creature whose look-alike appeared on the TV and hijacked a battleship. It was unbelievable to Kuro as a genius kid planned this. In order to correct him, Kuro has done the best to stop him, even though he incurred a serious injury. The kid finally feels touched about of Kuro's sincerity.
12. Monster Micoon Monster has the power to occupy a human's body. Micoon has offered himself to be the victim to exchange Dr. Goal's body, who was hurt by a monster. Monster Micoon then has a battle with Kuro, with the assistance of Dr. Goal and Kuro, Monster has been beaten and kept in a capsule ware.
13. Battle in Prison A genius kid has discovered a lonely lion in the zoo and decided to free the lion to the forest. Although with the assistance of Kuro and Micoon, the lonely lion had finally been killed. Dr. Goal had transformed the lion into a robot lion and forces the lion to stay forever with the genius kid.
14. The Genius's Experiment Dr. Goal agrees to be the master of the genius kid. The problem arose when the rat has been escaped from the experiment and rats are everywhere in the city, which caused terrors.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Cyborg Kurochan Vol. 1.
- Cyborg Kurochan Vol. 2.
- Cyborg Kurochan Vol. 3.
- Cyborg Kurochan Vol. 4.
- Cyborg Kurochan Vol. 5.
- Cyborg Kurochan Vol. 6.
- Cyborg Kurochan Vol. 7.
- Cyborg Kurochan Collection.
- Cyborg Kurochan Japanese Animation vcd collection.