Doraemon "Adventures in Candy Land" (non-existent unaired English dub of anime episode; 2015)
"The Mystery of Goodie Land" is an episode of the 2005 Doraemon anime series. The plot of the episode involved Nobita, Doraemon, Shizuka, Gian, and Suneo being transported to a second world while trying to catch a floating cake. They learn that the world around them is made entirely out of candy, and is supposed to be a candy-based theme park, which had mysteriously disappeared right before it was supposed to open. After voyaging toward a control tower, the gang discovers that the park was stolen, along with all the sweets in the world, by a jealous child who couldn't eat any of it due to his cavities.
For the series' US adaptation, Doraemon: Gadget Cat from the Future, the episode was apparently going to be dubbed into English under the name of, "Adventures in Candy Land". It is a special 30-minute episode (most US airings comprised of two 15-minute segments) and was supposedly set to air on August 28th, 2015. However, despite supposedly appearing in early TV guides, the episode did not air, possibly due to concerns from Disney-ABC Television Group about it encouraging children to overindulge in sweets. However, this is just a rumor. It was replaced with another episode ("Noby! Noby! He's Our Man" / "Gone with the Sneeze"), and the dubbed version of "Adventures in Candy Land" has currently not been released in any form.
In a live-stream on September 25th, 2017 by YouTube channel CLW Entertainment, Kaiji Tang, the US voice of Gian, guest-starred, and when asked about this episode, stated that nobody had recorded for the episode and that Disney likely pulled it before dubbing started (episodes needed their approval before they could be dubbed). It is also possible that TV Asahi or Fujiko Pro wanted to dub it, but plans changed.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Doraemon (partially found first-adaptation anime series; 1973)
- Doraemon: Robot War (partially found bootleg anime film; 1983)
- Doraemon '79 (partially found Phuuz English dub pilot of anime; early 2000s)
- Stand by Me Doraemon (partially found Philippines English dub of anime movie; 2015)
- Doraemon: In A Thrilling Solar Car (partially found anime short film; 1992)
- Doraemon (partially found Asian English dubs of anime series; late 1990s-early 2000s)
- Doraemon: Nobita no Doki Doki! Obake Land (lost build of unreleased Virtual Boy game; 1996)
- The Adventures of Albert and Sidney (partially found English dub of "Doraemon" anime series; late 1980s-early 1990s)
- A "Draw Dorami-chan" Song / A Week in Our Time Machine (Partially Found English version of "Doraemon" single; 1980)
- Doraemon: Ken-chan's Adventure (lost anime short film/TV special; 1980-1981)
- Doraemon '05 (partially found British dub of anime series; 2015)
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia page for the US adaptation of "The Mystery of Goodie Land". Retrieved 11 Dec '16
- Doraemon Wikia page for the episode. Retrieved 11 Dec '16