Difference between revisions of "Doraemon '79 (found MTV UK English dub pilot of anime; early 2000s)"
m (YoshiKiller2S moved page Doraemon '79 (found Phuuz English dub pilot of anime; early 2000s) to Doraemon '79 (found MTV UK English dub pilot of anime; early 2000s))
Latest revision as of 18:43, 2 March 2022
Date found: 12 Feb '22
Found by: Carpediemsnuts
Sometime during the early 2000s, Unbound Creative Inc. (then known as Phuuz Entertainment) licensed the 1979 Doraemon series through TV Asahi, in hopes of distributing it in the US. A pitch pilot was produced, but was never picked up by any network, most likely due to lack of interest.
Very little information is available about the pilot, although reference to it is made in the Phuuz producer Ken Duer's profile. Its existence can also be seen in a WebArchive copy of a page relating to the different productions that were dubbed.
MTV UK[edit | edit source]
On October 22nd, 2017, a user named "Carpediemsnuts" posted onto the anime subreddit of Reddit a photo of a VHS tape with the Creative logo on it as well as a (misspelled) label identifying it as "DORAEMON THE FINISHED ITEM". The caption for the photo read "So my Dad once mentioned he'd voiced an anime in the 90's...I just found this." According to the user, his father, who had done previous work for MTV UK, was commissioned to voice Doraemon in the pilot. On October 24th, 2017, the same user posted a 2 1/2 minute clip of the pilot onto their Twitter account. They ended up posting the full pilot five years later on the anime subreddit on February 12th, 2022, .
The Phuuz one was commissioned by TV Asahi, and Phuuz is a company based in California while the found dub is clearly recorded in the UK and was commissioned by MTV UK. Also, the found one was made in the 1990s while the Phuuz one was made in the 2000s.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- A "Draw Dorami-chan" Song / A Week in Our Time Machine (Partially Found English version of "Doraemon" single; 1980)
- Doraemon "Adventures in Candy Land" (non-existent unaired English dub of anime episode; 2015)
- Doraemon '05 (partially found British dub of anime series; 2015)
- Doraemon (partially found Asian English dubs of anime series; late 1990s-early 2000s)
- Doraemon (partially found first-adaptation anime series; 1973)
- Doraemon: In A Thrilling Solar Car (partially found anime short film; 1992)
- Doraemon: Ken-chan's Adventure (lost anime short film/TV special; 1980-1981)
- Doraemon: Nobita no Doki Doki! Obake Land (lost build of unreleased Virtual Boy game; 1996)
- Doraemon: Robot War (partially found bootleg anime film; 1983)
- Stand by Me Doraemon (partially found Philippines English dub of anime movie; 2015)
- The Adventures of Albert and Sidney (partially found English dub of "Doraemon" anime series; late 1980s-early 1990s)
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Ken Duer's profile, Phuuz Entertainment. Retrieved 30 Aug '14
- Phuuz Entertainment's Projects page. Retrieved 30 Aug '14
- The Reddit post by Carpediemsnuts. Retrieved 24 Oct '17
- Carpediemsnuts Twitter post with the 2 1/2 minute clip. Retrieved 24 Oct '17