Downward Doghouse (partially found precursor to "Ni Hao, Kai-Lan" Nick Jr. animated series; 2000s)
Downward Doghouse was an animated series on Nick Jr. and a predecessor to Ni Hao, Kai-Lan. It was a part of the interstitial series Nick Jr. Presents: My World. Most of the characters remained the same between series minus some design changes, with the biggest change being that Hoho originally only talked in gibberish, although Rintoo and Lulu were not present at all (an earlier version of Lulu appears in "Dragon Dance" though). Three episodes of the short series have been produced, titled "Follow That Slipper", "Where's Hoho?", and "Dragon Dance".
Promotional screenshots using the Downward Doghouse designs are available on the Internet. Some storyboards for an episode featuring Rintoo, and using the final designs from Ni Hao, Kai-Lan, but still using the "Downward Doghouse" title have also surfaced.
The Nick Jr. website had a link to the My World section, via the Web Archive. None of the episodes work because while the page source does contain file names, no actual video files exist in the page source. There also existed an e-card maker and even a full website, which included a game titled "Kai-Lan's First Lantern Festival".
A British dub was also available on the British Nick Jr channel. The UK dubs of "Follow That Slipper" and "Dragon Dance" episode has surfaced, the former being sourced from a camrip in which the episode has been fast-forwarded through, currently leaving the audio for that dub lost.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Storyboards[edit | edit source]
Footage[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
Bumpers and Interstitials[edit | edit source]
- Loretta the Letter Lady (partially found Nick Jr. short interstitial series; mid 1990s)
- Nick Jr. (partially found revamped Face promos of Nickelodeon channel block; 2003-2004)
- Nick Jr. Power Play Summer (partially found Nick Jr. interstitial series; 2005)
- Snappy Larry's Showtime (partially found Nick Jr. UK interstitial series and American dub; mid-2000s)
Pilots[edit | edit source]
- The Backyardigans (partially found Nick Digital pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2002)
- Blue Prints (partially found unaired pilot of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live action series; 1994-1995)
- Bubble Guppies (partially found unaired pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2006)
- Dora the Explorer (partially found unaired pilot episodes of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- Me and My Friends (partially found live-action pilot of "The Backyardigans" Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; 1998)
- Oswald (lost unaired pilot of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- Super Why? (partially found stop-motion Nick Jr. pilot of PBS Kids CGI series; 1999)
- The Umizumiz (partially found unaired pilot of "Team Umizoomi" Nick Jr. CGI-animated/live-action series; 2008)
- Wallykazam! "Monty's Magic Words" (partially found pilot for Nick Jr. education series; 2010s)