ECW Hardcore TV final episodes (lost episodes of Professional Wrestling Show; 2001)
Extreme Championship Wrestling (E.C.W.) was a professional wrestling promotion based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It existed from 1992 until 2001, and for most of that time produced a syndicated program named ECW Hardcore TV.
Background[edit | edit source]
ECW had great success in the late 90s, but in late 2000 the company was having deep financial problems. The problems started with the company’s national show, ECW on TNN, was cancelled. The company held monthly Pay-Per-View events to make up for their financial loss, but the company continued to struggle. On December 15th 2000, the company held, unbeknownst to them, their final television taping for their show, Hardcore TV. It was held in New York City’s Elk Lodge, and ten matches were featured on the card. The taping provided enough material to produce four or five episodes, but only two finished episodes were broadcast.
Episode #400 was aired on the 24th of December, Episode #401 was aired on the 31st of December, and would be their final episode. In January 2001, the show was cancelled due ECW failing to make payments to the network, at least one fully completed episode never aired, and possibly others were fully or partially completed. Later that month, ECW would stop holding events and would go on to declare bankruptcy in April of that year.
Availability[edit | edit source]
After ECW’s bankruptcy, the promotion and its tape library were purchased by World wrestling Entertainment, and most of ECW’s programming is held on the WWE Network, however the missing episodes are not included amongst them, and are still lost today.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Braden Walker's "Knock Knock" promo (lost original pre-tapes of WWE backstage segment; 2008)
- Bret Hart-Hulk Hogan photoshoot (lost professional wrestling promotional photos; 1993)
- Catch-As-Catch-Can Wrestling (lost early BBC televised professional wrestling matches; 1938-1939; 1946-1947)
- The Game (partially found Disturbed cover of professional wrestling theme song; mid 2000s)
- Girls Gone Wild: Live from Spring Break (found WWE/Girls Gone Wild crossover special; 2003)
- Gotch-Hackenschmidt Match Film (lost world championship match; 1908)
- Gotch-Hackenschmidt Match Film (lost world championship match; 1911)
- Jake "The Snake" Roberts DDTs Hulk Hogan (lost Snake Pit segment; 1986)
- "Plane Ride From Hell" (lost photographs of drunk wrestler incidents; 2002)
- Screwed: The Bret Hart Story (lost unfinished wrestling documentary film; 2005)
- Sex University (lost WWE webshow; 2006)
- Shin Nihon Pro Wrestling Gekitou Densetsu (lost build of unreleased Virtual Boy wrestling game; 1995)
- WCW 2000 (lost work on unfinished PlayStation 2 game; 2000)
- WCW Internet-only Special Events and PPVs (lost audio streams; 1997-1998)
- WCW/nWo Live (lost build of cancelled PlayStation professional wrestling game; 1998)
- WWE Brawl (lost build of cancelled fighting game based on professional wrestling; 2012)
- WWE SmackDown vs Raw Online (lost build of cancelled online professional wrestling PC game; 2010-2011)
- WWF In Your House 8: Beware Of Dog (lost untelevised wrestling PPV matches; 1996)
- WWF No Mercy (lost Game Boy Color games based on Nintendo 64 wrestling game; 2000)
- WWF Shotgun (partially found July to December season of syndicated wrestling show; 1997)
- WWF Xperience (found pay-per-view event footage; 1996)