Fridays aka "Cartoon Cartoon Fridays" (partially found interstitials from Cartoon Network channel block; 1999–2007)
This article has been tagged as Needing work due to its lack of organization and concrete references.
"Cartoon Cartoon Fridays", also known as CCF and later simply retitled "Fridays", was a highly successful programming block on Cartoon Network for their original series. It lasted from June 11th, 1999, to February 23rd, 2007. Although many episodes have been recovered over the years, others remain lost.
Update 7/9/16[edit | edit source]
LMW user ""Nodog"" has uploaded an audio promo from 2004 in an old Ed Edd, n Eddy tape.
November 17th, 2000[edit | edit source]
This was the premiere night of the short-lived series Sheep in the Big City. Edd (from Ed, Edd, n Eddy) hosted a unique night that was never aired again. Throughout the program, the title character of Johnny Bravo as well as Chicken (from Cow & Chicken) harassed Edd to the point where he had to call for Baboon (from I Am Weasel) to beat up the troublemakers. This is one notable CCF that is missing from YouTube user ccffreak's account. A few very brief clips of this night can be seen in the CCF theme from 2002. Also, a small clip appeared in a fan-made video, but it is hard to hear due to narrator talking over it. On September 16th, 2015. Lost Media Wiki user Nodog uploaded the Edd segments in full.
Eustace Hosts[edit | edit source]
When CCF introduced character hosts in the summer of 2000, Eustace (from Courage the Cowardly Dog) was one of the first to host. He hosted on a number of occasions throughout the summer and fall of that year. Later in 2001, he hosted a new night with his wife, Muriel. This was due to his original voice actor's retirement.
Christmas in July Party[edit | edit source]
The Christmas in July Party aired July 20th, 2001. It used all the same bumpers as the Christmas Party special in 2000, only with Baboon yelling "in July" when necessary. It is notable for airing the pilot of Codename: Kids Next Door, "No P in the Ool".
Edd Checks the Schedule (ads)[edit | edit source]
For the last half of 2000, there was a new series of ads which featured Edd checking who was going to be hosting the following week. The only one of these ads that ever resurfaced were for the Halloween Party special and the block from the week that Sheep in the Big City premiered. The remaining advertisements have yet to be found.
"Cartoon Network's Fridays" Host Segments[edit | edit source]
In October 2003, Cartoon Cartoon Fridays was rebranded as "The New Fridays" and given new host segments, featuring live-action hosts Tommy & Nzinga. Unlike its predecessor, Fridays host segments changed every week, meaning that its host segments are much more difficult to find than the CCF host segments. Many of the Fridays host segments are currently lost and missing from YouTube, although they have been mentioned on forums such as ToonZone. However, a few segments from Summer 2004 have surfaced and were uploaded in a compilation video.
"Summer Fridays" Segments[edit | edit source]
Beginning on May 23rd, 2003, CCF adopted a temporary look called "Summer Fridays" that ran from 7pm until 12am every Friday night. Unlike CCF, these segments didn't contain a host. Very little footage exists online of the block; CCFfreak, a YouTube user who archives Cartoon Cartoon Fridays host segments, stated that he didn't like the block as soon as he saw the first host segment and only has the first half or so of a Kids Next Door episode from the first night saved. However, more footage has begun to be preserved; CN archivist SpongeBranded uploaded a few host segments from the block in November 2016, and Captain B. Zarre has uploaded the intro and a few host segments of the "Fridays" block that used very similar bumpers.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Cartoon Network "Cartoon Network Responds!" (partially found interstitials from TV channel; 1997-1999)
- Cartoon Network (partially lost "CN City" bumpers from TV channel; 2004–2007)
- Cartoon Network (partially found "Nood" bumpers from TV channel; 2008-2010)
- Tickle-U (partially found Cartoon Network preschool block; 2005-2006)
- Hotdog TV (partially found Cartoon Network interstitial series; 2010)
- Teen Titans Go! Top 5 (lost promos for Cartoon Network weekend morning block; 2015)
- Cartoon Planet (partially found "Live from Cartoon Planet" bumpers of Cartoon Network animated variety series; 1995)
- Cartoon Network NBA All-Star Slam (partially found interviews of marathon; 2003)
- Cartoon Network (partially found "High Noon Toons" bumpers from TV channel block; 1994-1996)
- Codename: Kids Next Door Mission Weekend (partially found marathon bumpers for Cartoon Network animated series; 2003)
- Lumpus and Slinkman's Cabin Fever (partially found Cartoon Network program block segments; 2005)