You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
End of life
LostFoundPartially lostPartially foundExistence unconfirmedUnknownNon-existence confirmed
|image=Het Dwaallicht DVD cover.jpg
|imagecaption=The cover of the film's DVD release.
'''''Het Dwaallicht''''' (''Will O' the Wisp'') is a 1973 Belgian film directed by Frans Buyens, based on the novel of the same name by Willem Elsschot.
''Het Dwaallicht'' follows the story an old man named Laarmans who is discontented with his family life and spends his evening wandering around Antwerp's red-light district. One evening, three Pakistani sailors approach him and ask for his help to find a certain girl named Maria, who doesn't seem to actually exist.
Although they never find the girl, she does appear in illusions by the men. The search turns out to be a metaphor for searching for their inner-self and social contact.
<ref>[http://www.dvdinfo.be/bespreking.php?id=2483 A review of the DVD release of the film that contains information about the synopsis (in Dutch).] Retrieved 07 Oct '17</ref>
* Date of release: 15-11-1973
* Countries of origin: Belgium, Netherlands
* Genre: Psychological drama
* Distributor: Gofilex
* Production companies: Iris Films Dacapo / Appletree Filmproductions
* Lenght: 108 minutes
* Shot on: 35mm<ref name="HD">[https://www.eyefilm.nl/collectie/filmgeschiedenis/film/het-dwaallicht#technische-notities Movie page on the EYE cinema/movie museum website.] Retrieved 13 Oct '17</ref>
* Romain Deconinck - Laarmans
* Eva Kant - Maria van Dam
* Mazhar Hussein Sjeikh - Ali
* Dora van der Groen - Miss Laarmans
* Fred Van Kuyk - Police officer
Niza Faruqi, Hélène Present, Shafiq Ahmed, Ronnie Commissaris, Sies Foletta, Tim Beekman and Cois Senne<ref name="HD"/>
* Director - Frans Buyens
* Producer - Frans Buyens
* Producer - Max Appelboom
* Camera - Hans Simons
* Camera - Fred Tammes
* Camera - Hans den Bezemer
* Editing - Dirk Van Den Eynden
* Editing - Arsène Souffriau
* Editing - Klaus Jürgen Kramer
* Production manager - Patrick De Hooghe
* Script - Rita Van Den Driessche
* Stage director - Jef Van De Water
* Cinematography - Fred Tammes
* Production lead - Jaap van Rij
* Sound - Kees Linthorst
* Sound - Henri Morelle
* Directing assistant - Dirk Van Den Eynden
* Directing assistant - Klaus Jürgen Kramer
* Clothes designer - Danielle Sandrard
* Art-director - Luc Monheim
* Make-up - Claudine Thyrion<ref name="HD"/>
Little else was known about the film apart from the cast and producer. Information about the film was next to non-existent. Very few images related to the film can be found on the internet. As of today, no physical copy of the DVD release was resurfaced and the film has never been redistributed in any other form.
The film can currently be streamed on UniversCine thought this is only available to Belgian audience members. <ref>[https://www.nl.universcine.be/films/het-dwaallicht UniversCine, where the movie can be streamed] Retrieved 13 Oct '17</ref> The DVD pop-ups every now and then on Dutch/Belgian marketplaces and it is occasionally shown on TV like the Belgian TV network: één. It is also one of the many movies in the collection of the Dutch cinema/movie museum, EYE.<ref name="HD"/>
<gallery mode=packed heights=175px>
File:Het dwaallicht screenshot.jpeg|One of the very few images from the DVD release of the film.
File:Het dwaallicht screenshot 2.jpeg|Another image from the DVD release.
*[http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070011/ IMDB page for the film.] Retrieved 07 Oct '17