Hey, wake up. Listen closely: can you hear me? You need to snap out of it – you’ve been in a coma for 3 months.
Oh, wait, that was me. Yeah, once again, sorry for the huge delay. No excuses. But it’s here now, and that’s the important part, right? Sure, let’s go with that.
First off: our collaborators have new videos out! Bedhead Bernie has a video on Guillermo Del Toro's cancelled adaptation of Pinocchio, blameitonjorge has a video detailing 13 lost horror films, and LSuperSonicQ has 3 new lost media videos about the cancelled Chowder TV movie, ABC’s Dot Comedy, and the infamous Wicked Witch episode of Sesame Street. Be sure to check them out above!
Now for the finds! Sorry for the terse writing and also for leaving out more minor finds; if I was as detailed as I wanted, this would be novel-length, but here’s a pre-emptive THANK YOU to everyone involved!:
- First, an absolutely MASSIVE find: user "21GunShow" (a.k.a. The New Number 2) has ripped 9 DVD-R discs of Cinematech and 13 DVD-Rs of Cinematech: Nocturnal Emissions, totaling 90+ episodes of each. They can be downloaded here and here, though be aware that they total more than 100 GB.
- There have been a number of Cartoon Network-related finds, so here’s a mini-section for those:
- …And now some Nickelodeon-related finds:
- A clip from the 1999 pilot of Dora the Explorer was discovered by LMW user InfiniteGates on Funline Animation’s website.
- All of the previously lost episodes from season one of All That have been uploaded by Discord user Moiisty (except for “A Few Good Men”, which is still incomplete), as well as Season 6’s “Music and More Backstage Pass”. They can be downloaded here.
- 4 of the 6 VHS-released episodes of Nick News with Linda Ellerbee have been uploaded to torrent tracker Myspleen by user blockhead. For those who don't have an account there, they have been mirrored to archive.org here.
- …And the Disney-related finds:
- Two more episodes of Bear in the Big Blue House have been found: “Lost and Found” (found by FE51012), and the series finale “This is Your Life, Bear!” (found by Sam Alcumbrac).
- Six previously lost episodes of Welcome to Pooh Corner have been found: “Safety First”, found by Shroomy; “Tigger Takes a Fall”, found by VanceTheVHSGuy; “The Long, Long Walk”, “Day for Knights”, and “Clouds”, all found by CDCB2; and “Pooh Borrows Trouble”, found by Discord user ScreamingAllTheTime.
- …And finally, the video game-related finds:
- A prototype copy of Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker for Sega Genesis, containing the cut song “Thriller”, was obtained by Reddit user Oliade677 last year. Recently, the ROM has finally been dumped by Landon White here.
- One of the prototype betas for the PlayStation port of ‘Superman 64’ (1999-10-29) has been found and uploaded to Archive.org by user dizzzy.
- There have been a lot of 3D Groove-related finds – too many to list, but at least 13 new games have been found by TOMYSSHADOW, and one game was found by Parapadarappa333. You can find them in the usual MEGA folder.
- We announced last year that Netflix obtained the rights to Orson Welles’ unfinished film The Other Side of the Wind. As an update, their restored and completed version has finally been released on their service.
- Another track from the 1993 Stone Sour demo tape has been uploaded by Ivan Contreras: “Surgery”.
- TropesAreDangerous has ripped 3 tapes for The Adventures of Snelgrove Snail, containing 6 previously unseen segments, 2 previously seen segments in higher quality than before, and one of the TV specials.
- The same user, TropesAreDangerous, has also uploaded rips of 11 VHS volumes of Once Upon a Tree. 2 other episodes have also been found by discord user npc, which means the series is now completely found.
- Another episode from the 1955 series The Adventures of Noddy, "Noddy's Taxi", has been found by YouTube user horipet.
- A new compilation tape of M3D has been ripped and uploaded by TonyFunStuff.
- The original music video for DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince – “A Nightmare On My Street” has finally surfaced. Uploaded to YouTube by user “Nancy Thompson”, this one actually made international news!
That’s it – really, finally. To say it again: THANK YOU to all the aforementioned people! Gonna go back into my cocoon for a while now. So long, dear friends!
- The Starland Vocal Band Show (partially found variety show; 1977) Added 13 Nov 2018 [New]
- Cinematic Excrement: "Super Mario Bros.: The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach!" (found episode of Internet review series; 2014) Added 12 Nov 2018 [New]
- Looney Tunes "Baby Bottleneck" (lost scene of cartoon; 1945) Added 12 Nov 2018 [New]
- The Black & White Minstrel Show (partially found BBC TV series; 1957-1978) Added 06 Nov 2018 [New] [NSFW]
- The Black Room (lost KLF album; 1992) Added 04 Nov 2018 [New]
- The Radioactive Man (lost episode of "The General Motors Theatre"; 1960) Added 04 Nov 2018 [New]
- They Might be Giants "Don't Worry Kyoko" (lost pre-band Yoko Ono cover; 1970s) Added 04 Nov 2018 [New]
- Pegeen (lost silent film; 1920) Added 03 Nov 2018 [New]
- The Best Gamers Stream (partially found livestreams; 2011-2017) Added 01 Nov 2018 [New]
- Minecraft (partially lost early builds of sandbox game; 2009-2013) Added 31 Oct 2018
- Full Moon o Sagashite (unreleased English dub episodes of anime series; existence unconfirmed; 2006-2009) Added 30 Oct 2018
- Winners of the West (lost western film serial; 1921) Added 30 Oct 2018
- News From Zoos (partially found Canadian children's television series; 1980-1983) Added 26 Oct 2018
- Rocky and Bullwinkle Universal shows (partially found video footage of live shows, 1992-2001) Added 26 Oct 2018
- Tillie's Punctured Romance (lost circus comedy film; 1928) Added 25 Oct 2018
- Bootsmade4crushing/Boots666 (lost YouTube videos; 2012-2016) Added 22 Oct 2018 [NSFL]
- Duke and the Great Pie War (partially found online VeggieTales game; 2005) Added 21 Oct 2018
- WALL·E (partially found original treatments of Pixar animated film; 1994-2008) Added 21 Oct 2018
- VeggieTales: Whale-Watching Party (lost event kit based on animated movie; 2002) Added 19 Oct 2018
- VeggieConnections (partially found lesson plans based on animated series; 2005) Added 19 Oct 2018
- The Weekend It Lives (lost original cut of Horror movie; 1992) Added 18 Oct 2018
- Ice Age (lost original Don Bluth version of animated film; existence unconfirmed; early 2000s) Added 18 Oct 2018
- Kansas City Blender Massacre (lost short Horror film; 1986) Added 18 Oct 2018
- The Lord of the Rings (lost BBC radio series; 1955) Added 17 Oct 2018
- Chō Kōsoku Galvion (partially found anime TV series; 1984) Added 16 Oct 2018
- Whoopi's Littleburg (lost Nick Jr. puppetry TV series; 2004) Added 16 Oct 2018
- Idaho (lost western film serial; 1925) Added 15 Oct 2018
- With Stanley in Africa (lost adventure film serial; 1922) Added 15 Oct 2018
- In the Days of Daniel Boone (partially found western film serial; 1923) Added 15 Oct 2018
- Herbie the Lovebug (lost animated pilot; late 1990s-2000s) Added 15 Oct 2018
- Frou Frou - unreleased recordings (partially found tracks from British electronic duo; 2001-2004) Added 14 Oct 2018
- Out Of The Box (partially found Playhouse Disney preschool series; 1998-2004) Added 14 Oct 2018
- Rumores (partially found Mexican sitcom; 2001-2002) Added 14 Oct 2018
- The Best of the Worst (partially found predecessor/prototype Eddsworld comics; 2004-2005) Added 14 Oct 2018
- Disney Infinity 4.0 (cancelled sequel to action-adventure sandbox game series; 2010s) Added 12 Oct 2018
- Epic Mickey 3 (lost production material for cancelled video game sequel; 2010s) Added 12 Oct 2018
- Toy Story 2 - Bullseye Dialogue (partially found footage from Pixar animated film; late 1990s) Added 12 Oct 2018
- Blood Maniac (lost horror film; 1986) Added 11 Oct 2018
- Buckethead - Super Diorama Theatre (unreleased album; 2003) Added 11 Oct 2018
- Penguin Kelvin (found English translation of Pingwinek Kelvin; 2003) Added 11 Oct 2018
Some articles on this wiki contain NSFW/NSFL content and have been marked as such.
Please browse with caution!
Welcome to the Lost Media Wiki, a community effort to track down lost or hard to find media!