KaBlam! "Episode 29" (non-existent episode of Nickelodeon animated series; 1998)
"Episode 29" is a hoaxed, non-existent episode of the 1990s Nickelodeon series KaBlam!.
Origin[edit | edit source]
The episode first appeared on TV.com and Wikipedia episode guides in the early 2000s when an anonymous user added the episode to both lists. Despite no visual or evidence ever existing, many internet users claimed they had seen the episode, and many fans of the show created their own artwork and fanfiction, allowing the rumor to live on for as long as it did.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The episode was to be about Henry and June finally ending the comic book series, June kissing Henry (revealing her crush) and saying goodbyes to the audience. This episode was presumably scrapped due to high ratings of the show and was forgotten since they kept making episodes.
Debunking[edit | edit source]
On December 7th, 2015, Henry and June segment creator Mark Marek released a full episode on the KaBlam! Korner section of his website titled "Episode 29". Despite this episode being labelled as such, it did not contain the rumored plot and was instead the actual 29th episode of the series titled "Your Logo Here". This means that the episode Mark Marek uploaded was intended to be his response to the rumors that "Episode 29" existed; the episode does not exist in it's rumored form, but rather stands as a regular episode part of the series.
In 2011, Mark Marek also left a comment on a now-defunct fansite, declaring that Henry and June do not have feelings for one another and that the episode is fake. However since a screenshot of the comment was never found, this was difficult to prove.
Confusion with Other Episodes[edit | edit source]
Most people who claim they remember "seeing" the episode describe it as an award ceremony, which is a relevant theme in both "Resistance is Futile" and the "Life with Loopy Birthday Gala-Bration" special, so it's possible that they are confusing "Episode 29" with these two episodes, as well as some elements that could have stemmed from the rare "KaFun!" and "Just Chillin" episodes.
It was also commonly believed that "Episode 29", the alleged series finale, was removed from airing rotation on Nickelodeon when the show was picked up for another season and that the "Life with Loopy Birthday Gala-Bration" was created out of the remnants of "Episode 29". However, the September 1998 TV Guide confirms that the Loopy special was already set to air before "Episode 29" would have theoretically premiered.
It is possible that this incident is connected to a phenomenon known as the "Mandela Effect", a form of confabulation (the unconscious production of fabricated, distorted, or misinterpreted memories about oneself or the world without the intention to deceive) in which multiple people from the same or similar groups vividly recall nearly identical false memories.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- KaBlam! "Just Chillin" (found episode of Nickelodeon animated series; 2000)
- KaBlam! "KaFun!" (found episode of Nickelodeon animated series; 1999)
- KaBlam! "The Henry and June Show" (found spinoff pilot of Nickelodeon animated series; 2000)
- KaBlam! "An Off-Beats Valentine's" (found spinoff special of Nickelodeon animated series; 1998)
- Action League Now!: The Series "Thunder Girl: Tracking The Storm" (found episode of "Kablam!" spinoff animated series; 2001-2002)
- Prometheus and Bob (cancelled film adaptation of "KaBlam!" sketch animated series; late 1990s)
- Action League Now!: The Series "Monster Mashed" (lost episode of "Kablam!" spinoff animated series; 2002)
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia episode guide of the show. Retrieved 13 Jul '15
- TV.com guide of the show. Retrieved 13 Jul '15