Kakomareta Sekai (partially found 3DCG animation; 1998)
Kakomareta Sekai (Japanese: 「囲まれた世界」, English: The World be Enclosed) is a 30 second long 3DCG animation done by Makoto Shinkai (the creator of Your Name; the third highest-grossing anime film of all time) using Lightwave 3D that was originally viewable at Shinkai’s website in 1998 becoming his first work in his entire career, but was taken down due to bandwidth issues and that Shinkai only intended to use it as a program practice for his next works.
History[edit | edit source]
Kakomareta Sekai it is inspired by Japanese novelist Murakami Haruki's book "Sekai no Owari to Hado-Boirudo Wandarando" (English title: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World). The music was done by Tenmon, who is also responsible for the music in Shinkai's works like
- "Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko" (English title: She and Her Cat).
- "Hoshi no Koe" (English title: Voices of a Distant Star).
- "Kumo no Muko, Yakusoku no Basho" (English title: The Place Promised in Our Early Days).
- "Byosoku Go Senchimetoru" (English title: 5 Centimeters per Second).
- "Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo" (English title: Children Who Chase Lost Voices).
Status[edit | edit source]
The job search has been in effect since the beginning of the 2000s by numerous fans, being the first registrations in anime forums and Reddit.
On February 13, 2021, the user ErickAnime uploaded a video with a series of screenshots of the actual short that was at the archive Makoto Shinkai website on a Wikipedia link at the References part.
On June 12, 2021, it was shared a screenshot at the YouTube video description proving the video resolution and audio quality of the main content.
On July 12, 2021, it was shared at the same video description that the Tenmon's blog was found, including a comment regarding the music that he used for the short.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Anime Forum regarding the short Retrieved 01 December '21
- YouTube video with the screenshots Retrieved 01 December '21
- Shinkai's blog entry of the short Retrieved 01 December '21
- Screenshot proving the video resolution and audio quality Retrieved 01 December '21
- Tenmon's blog entry regarding the music of the short Retrieved 01 December '21