Kirin Ashita No Calendar (partially found anime; 1980)
Kirin Ashita No Calendar was an anime that aired on MBS TV and TBS TV from January 1st, 1980 to October 6th, 1984 with a total of 1,306 episodes.
Plot[edit | edit source]
“Kirin Ashita No Calendar” follows Cathy, a cat, and a mouse, both from the predecessor “Kirin Monoshiri Kan” who teach children about historical events through a stage play format. According to the Wikipedia, live action children and adults may have been included along with Cathy and the mouse.
Sponsorship[edit | edit source]
“Kirin Ashita No Calendar” and “Kirin Monoshiri Kan” are both sponsored by Kirin Beer, but since the shows were family segments, the company was credited as Kirin Brewery Co. or Kirin Beverages.
Availability[edit | edit source]
The show has never reaired or originally aired outside of Japan. There is also no official VHS release, So it is completely lost and all that's found is the intro to the show. The Japanese Wikipedia page for it is very poorly translated, so we can only find out the name of a few of the episodes.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- An anime database site listing Kirin Ashita No Calendar (Link may not work).
- A TVdrama database site listing Kirin Ashita No Calendar.
- A German site that has details on Kirin Ashita No Calendar.
- A site "dedicated to classic cartoons" that has details on "mini-animes" such as Kirin Ashita No Calendar.
- Dropbox with staff/cast and backups of the intro.
- Japanese Wikipedia article with info on "Kirin Ashita No Calendar".