Molly of Denali (partially found pitch pilot of PBS Kids animated series; 2018)
Molly of Denali is a children's animated series that's been airing on PBS Kids since 2019. The series considered to be the first American nationally aired TV show to have an Alaska Native as the main character, a 10 year old vlogger name Molly and her friend Tooey who helps her family run the Denali Trading Post in the fictional Alaskan village Qyah.
In 2018 to promote the then upcoming show, one of PBS sponsors SGPTV (Sponsored Group for Public Television) uploaded clips of an early pilot of the show onto their website, it was taken down a year later when the showed premiered on TV. The characters in the pilot had a slightly earlier design compared to the final show.
The pilot about the characters traveling and getting lost in the wilderness when their dog Luka eats the map after they spilled soup on it. Since Molly memorized the map, she ended up find their way home by her memory alone. the plot was later reworked into the episode "By Sled or Snowshoe."
The clips resurfaced in a behind the scenes video uploaded on the Molly of Denali YouTube channel that was talking about the show's development history. Other than some early concept art and screenshots no other information on this pilot is available as of March 2022.
- Bookworm Bunch (partially found interstitials from PBS Kids channel block; 2000-2001)
- PBS Kids (partially lost schedule bumpers and interstitial material of children's channel block; 1999-present)
- Someday School (partially found PBS Kids channel block; 1998-2000)
- Christmastime with Mister Rogers (lost holiday TV special; 1977)
- Lamb Chop's Play-Along (partially lost PBS children's puppet series; 1992)
- Mister Rogers' Neighborhood "Mister Rogers Talks About Conflict" (found episode arc of PBS children's educational series; 1983)
- The Puzzle Place (partially found PBS puppet series; 1994-1998)
- Reading Rainbow (found Johnny Kemp opening sequence for PBS children's television series; 1999)
- Storytime (found PBS children's reading series; 1992-1998)
- Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? "Auld Lang Gone" (non-existent episode of PBS children's game show; 1992)
- Zoom (partially found pilot of revival of 1972 PBS children's series; 1997)
- Zoom (partially found revival of 1972 PBS children's series; 1999-2005)
- The Charlie Horse Music Pizza (partially lost PBS Kids "Lamb Chop's Play-Along" spin-off series; 1998-1999)
- Curious George (lost test pilot of PBS Kids animated series based on books; existence unconfirmed; 2004/2005)
- Cyberchase: The Poddleville Case (found pilot of PBS Kids animated educational series; 1999)
- Dragon Tales "One Small Step for Cassie" and "Circle of Friends" (lost pilots of PBS Kids animated series; 1999)
- The Good Night Show with Melanie/Leo (partially found PBS Kids Sprout series; 2005-2006)
- The Good Night Show with Nina & Star (partially found PBS Kids Sprout series; 2006-2017)
- Kratts' Creatures (found PBS children's educational series; 1996)
- Nature Cat (lost pilot of PBS Kids educational animated series; early 2010s)
- Preschool Musical... On a Stick (partially lost PBS Kids Sprout "High School Musical" parody; 2008)
- Space Race (partially found PBS Kids web series; 2011)
- What's The Big Idea? (lost original pilot of "Sid The Science Kid" PBS Kids CGI animated series; 2007)
- WordWorld (lost 2D/live-action test pilot of PBS Kids CGI animated educational series; existence unconfirmed; 2005)
- An article announcing PBS Kids greenlighting the show. Retrieved 25 Mar '22