Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (found iOS game; 2010)
Official artwork of the game.
Date found: 20 Jul 2019
Found by: Mtbcooler
Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games was an iOS game released by Sega on the App Store on January 29th, 2010 to coincide with the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics and was made to promote the 2009 Wii and Nintendo DS game Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, but only Sonic characters can be played and only four Olympic events could be played.
Although Sega pulled the game from the App Store quite quickly, footage and screenshots of the game do exist, as seen below.
On July 20th, 2019, a user going by the name Mtbcooler found a .ipa file containing the app for Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. Mtbcooler has since made said .ipa file available to download.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Amy Rose
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Dr. Eggman
- Vector the Crocodile
- Blaze the Cat
- Silver the Hedgehog (unlockable)
- Metal Sonic (unlockable)
Featured Winter Olympic Events
- Snowboard Cross
- Skeleton Bobsled
- Figure Skating
- Shadow the Hedgehog (lost build of unreleased Teen rated version of platformer; 2005)
- Sister Sonic (lost build of cancelled "Sonic the Hedgehog" localization of "Popful Mail" Sega CD side-scrolling platformer; 1993)
- Sonic 3D Blast (found cassette demo tape of unused game soundtrack; 1996)
- Sonic Adventure New Year's DLC (found "Sonic the Hedgehog" holiday-themed DLC; 1998)
- Sonic DS (lost Nintendo DS tech demo; 2004)
- Sonic Generations (lost game demo; 2010)
- Sonic Jr. (lost build of unreleased Sega Pico game; existence unconfirmed; 1994)
- Sonic Saturn (lost build of cancelled Sega Saturn prototype of platformer; mid-1990s)
- Sonic Sports (lost build of cancelled Sega 32X sports game; 1995)
- Sonic Synergy (lost original build of "Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric" Wii U action-adventure game; 2007-2013)
- Sonic the Hedgehog "2006" (lost complete build of Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 platformer; 2006)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (lost build of cancelled Amiga port of Sega Genesis platformer; 1992)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (lost Tokyo Toy Show prototype build of Sega Genesis/Mega Drive platformer; 1990)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (lost Winter Consumer Electronics Show 1991 demo build of Sega Genesis/Mega Drive platformer; 1991)
- Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (lost build of cancelled iOS port of Sega Genesis platformers; 2014)
- Sonic The Hedgehog: Awakening (lost build of cancelled "Sonic the Hedgehog" game; existence unconfirmed; late 2000s)
- Sonic X-Treme (found build of unreleased Sega Saturn video game; 1996)
- Sonic-16 (lost build of unreleased Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game based on "Sonic the Hedgehog" animated TV series; 1993)
- An article about the game on The Sonic News Network (The Sonic The Hedgehog Wiki).
- A MediaFire link from Mtbcooler containing the .ipa file for Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
- Sonic Stadium's article on the game's launch date and announcement. Retrieved 02 Jul '19