SpongeBob SquarePants: Happiness Squared (lost video game based on SpongeBob SquarePants; late 2000s)
SpongeBob SquarePants: Happiness Squared was a SpongeBob game developed sometime in the late 2000s by Heavy Iron Studios, before being developed into SpongeBob Squarepants: Truth or Square.
This early version of the game remained unknown until game developer Rob Roto uploaded a short teaser/trailer that he had created for the game. Based off the demo, the game seems to be heavily based off a previous SpongeBob game developed by Heavy Iron Studios, known as SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle For Bikini Bottom, as the tikis are present in both games. A noticeable difference in SpongeBob is that his spin attack has been replaced with him spinning with 2 spatulas, wherein SpongeBob SquarePants: Truth or Square there are no spatulas during his spin attack. Unlike in Truth or Square where the currency was happiness points (round tokens with SpongeBob's face), the happiness points have a square shape to them and are slightly redesigned, as well as other tokens with Patrick Star on them, which were not included in the final game. The last noticeable difference is the enemies. Unlike in Truth or Square where the enemies are robots, Happiness Squared has the enemies as fish from Bikini Bottom, all of which use hammers as a weapon.
In the demo, the game was advertised to be released in Fall of 2009 on Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable.
According to a developer near the end of development revealed that it was renamed to Spongebob Squarepants: Truth Or Square to promote the special of the same name. No playable early beta builds of the game have been leaked to the internet since then.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- A Day With SpongeBob SquarePants: The Movie (unproduced unauthorized direct-to-DVD mockumentary film; 2011)
- Astrology with Squidward (found series of "Spongebob Squarepants" animated shorts; 2000s)
- SpongeBob Cartoon Creator (partially found original version of Flash game; 2008-2013)
- SpongeBob: Re-Hydrated (partially lost "SpongeBob SquarePants" animated short; 2003)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (partially lost deleted scenes of Nickelodeon animated series; 1999-present)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Ain't Life a Beach (partially found Nickelodeon press kit; 1999)
- SpongeBob SquarePants and the Nicktoons Gravjet Racing (lost build of cancelled Xbox Live Arcade racing game; 2009)
- SpongeBob SquarePants "Sailor Mouth" (lost uncensored version of animated series episode; existence unconfirmed; 2001)
- SpongeBob SquarePants Saves the Krusty Krab 3D (found computer game; 2002)
- SpongeBob SquarePants "Shanghaied/You Wish" (lost English audio from alternate "Patchy the Pirate" segments; 2001)
- SpongeBob SquarePants "SpaceBob InvaderPants/Krabs' Army" (unfinished episodes of Nickelodeon animated series; 2015)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Underpants Slam (found Xbox Live Arcade game; 2007)
- SpongeBob SquarePants "War Blowers" (found full version of animated series music; 1999)
- SpongeBob's Truth or Square (found Nick Arcade party game; 2009)
- SpongeBob Town (lost build of cancelled massively multiplayer online game based on Nickelodeon animated TV series; 2012)