Suicide Squad (partially lost "David Ayer cut" of DC superhero film; 2016)
Suicide Squad was a 2016 superhero movie based on the DC supervillain team of the same name. It was directed by David Ayer released in 2016 and is the third film in the DC Extended Universe. The original runtime of the film was 2 hours and 45 minutes, but was cut down to 2 hours and 10 minutes, resulting in a good chunk of scenes being cut from the film. The original cut has not been released on DVD or online.
Known Deleted Scenes[edit | edit source]
- June Moon being possessed by Enchantress in a tome.
- Deadshot in his prison cell thinking of his daughter while looking at the rain.
- El Diablo observing the flame on a lit match, before blowing it out as he vows to never use his powers.
- El Diablo be escorted to a training center by being placed in a tube that fills up with water to put out his flames.
- Scenes of Captain Boomerang being sexist and racist.
- Killer Croc's backstory was cut entirely.
- Killer Croc becomes sick at the helicopter escort to Midway City, throws up half a goat and proceeds to eat it.
- References that Slipknot was a serial-rapist.
- Extra scenes of Rick Flag and June Moon's relationship, including one where they are out on a date.
- Extended version of the Joker interrogating Captain Griggs, one line from this scene "I can't wait to show you my toys" was included in the second trailer.
- Joker and his men escaping after shooting up a restaurant. Harley follows them on a motorcycle and intercepts their car and Joker bangs his head on the glass in frustration.
- Joker and Harley get into a fight which ends with Harley pointing a gun at Joker's head. Joker talks Harley into lower the gun, charms her and backhands her across the face. Joker sweet talks to her and they kiss.
- Extra Joker dialogue when Harley jumps into the chemicals.
- Extended dialogue during the Batmobile chase scene.
- Harley using her baseball bat as a gun.
- Extended version of the Joker breaking into the nano-bomb facility to disable Harley's neck-bomb.
- Interactions between Harley and Boomerang.
- Extended bar scene where Harley is taking everyone's order.
- Scenes showing Joker's relationship with Harley was more loving than abusive.
- Joker and Harley get into an argument on a helicopter after he saves her.
- Joker appears in the final battle in the subway station, face half-burnt from the helicopter crash which leads to a brief altercation with the Squad, He tells Harley to escape and she refuses. Joker throws a grenade at the Squad to cover his escape.
Availability[edit | edit source]
The extended version of the film which was released on DVD on December 13th, 2016 only contained thirteen minutes of the cut footage. After the success of the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement, fans started a new campaign called #ReleaseTheAyerCut, director David Ayer supported this campaign and in June 2020, Ayer revealed that the success of the comedic Deadpool and the negative reception of the serious Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (both films also released in 2016) was the reason why a good number of scenes were cut from the final film, while also confirming the existence of a longer version of Suicide Squad and asking fans on Twitter to ask AT&T and HBO Max to release it.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]