User: Binzy Boi
Many years ago, back when I was in elementary, I used to write answers to questions on Answers.com, admittedly breaking the 13+ rule that the site had at the time. I loved answering questions, mostly because I loved sharing what I knew at the time with the rest of the world, even if it was just answering simple things such as "What is 2 + 2" and other questions along the lines of that.
Eventually, however, the site changed their layout and prospects, and I found myself looking elsewhere. A few years down the road, Quora came up as I was doing work on a high school assignment, and I decided to look into it. I began answering questions and saw myself becoming the top writer in topics I enjoyed at the time. As the months went by, I found my writing skills developing more and more, and found lots of enjoyment from it. I peaked when one of my answers became the top upvoted answer on the site, but then began a downhill slide.
I decided to try doing maintenance work on the site, getting rid of spam accounts advertising fake hacking services that had taken over the topics I liked. Moderation of the site did nothing worthwhile to prevent this from happening and I saw other writers fall off the top writers list in these topics as the bots became more and more prominent. As I reported the accounts, I received a death threat, was doxxed, and had my school called claiming I was trying to hack into their network to change my marks, nearly costing me my final exam marks. I reported the account on each platform that it harassed me on, and of all the sites that happened on, Quora was the only one who did nothing, and banned me in response when I tried making a new account under a pseudonym.
Thankfully, that brought me here after I got interested in the site after the Kekcroc hoax and other media that somehow kept landing me in the LMW. I began writing articles for the site in December of 2017, and found my passion in doing so. I've since improved my writing since then (thank goodness), and have made accounts on other related sites such as archive.org where I transfer media, Wikipedia where I plan on making and improving articles on individuals who are long gone, and NitrateVille where I plan on working with others on film digitization once I get a film scanner.
If there's anything I can say about this community is that it's very tight-knit, and I'm blessed to have found it. The people that you find are some of the most humble, hilarious, genuine, kind, and flat-out interesting you can find. They give complete strangers support in their worst of times, as they did with me went I hit rock-bottom, and for that I owe them my best. If you're new and reading this debating on whether you want to join, I have but one phrase to say:
My Articles[edit | edit source]
- The Good Guys (partially found television sitcom; 1968-1970)
- Sword of Justice (partially found television drama series; 1978)
- The Waverly Wonders (partially found television sitcom; 1978)
- Graft (lost silent film serial; 1915-1916)
- In the Beginning (partially found television sitcom; 1978)
- Calucci's Department (partially found television sitcom; 1973-1974)
- The Pet Set (partially found Betty White talk show; 1971-1972)
- Fay (partially found television sitcom; 1975-1976)
- The Montefuscos (partially found television sitcom; 1975) Featured
- Executive Suite (partially found television soap opera; 1976-1977) Featured
- All That Glitters (partially found television sitcom; 1977) Featured
- Sirota's Court (partially found courthouse sitcom; 1976-1977) Featured
- The Andros Targets (partially found newspaper drama series; 1977) Featured
- Kate McShane (partially found legal drama series; 1975) Featured
- Philadelphia Toboggan Company (partially found audio of automatons; 1920s-1950s) Featured
- Grandma, Look What I Found (partially found Canadian live-action children's series; 2003)
- My Special Book (partially found Canadian live action children's television show; 1998-2006)
- Max the Cat (partially found Canadian children's animated television series; 1996)
- Beezoo's Attic/Le Grenier de Bisou (partially found Canadian children's television series; 2001)
Articles I've Improved[edit | edit source]
- All's Fair (partially found sitcom TV series; 1976-1977)
- The Skywayman (lost film/death footage; 1920) NSFL
- Humpty Dumpty Circus (lost animated short; existence unconfirmed; 1897-1908)
- Hypocrites (Found Silent Film; 1915) NSFW
- Ruth of the Range (lost adventure film serial; 1923)
- Fireworks Safety: Parents (found public information film; 1976) NSFL