A new update, huh? I like it. The theme, the new templates, heck, even the new comments!
Wait. I have to remake my user page? Fine.
Rebooting...[edit | edit source]
Reboot Complete! Carry on, now!
Damn Son, Where'd Ya Find This?[edit | edit source]
I blindly stumbled upon this beautiful site in, let's say, about April of 2015, shortly after the big move. I had been browsing TV Tropes, learning about the Sesame Street knockoff known as Peppermint Park. I immediately began looking for more information about it. Aside from a Wikipedia page, there wasn't really much information about it. Then I clicked on this article, and I was instantly hooked to the amazing world of lost media. Now I mostly just browse around the forums and wiki, editing articles when I think they need a little something.
Hi, My Name is (Who?)[edit | edit source]
I guess now would be a good time to tell you a little about myself. Though I won't get too personal, I will say that I live somewhere in Northwest Ohio. Like nearly 90% of the people who browse the LMW, I am currently a student, slowly waiting for the school year to end. I'm also an avid reader, writer, and music fan.
Here is some other stuff I (for some reason) am willing to divulge.
- I've been involved in many other communities. Some I am proud of (LMW), others, I am not (Sonichu)
- I sometimes go on to dead wikis and explore the knowledge they have to spare.
- Here's a good one: /i/nsurgency wiki. This was a place where 4chan's numerous raids were documented, along with tools and tips. Be warned, there is some NSFW stuff on there, since it is 4chan, and there is some vandalism you may have to revert, at the risk of your IP being revealed
- The Bibliotheca Anonoma, another cool place is something I think the LMW should also link to. Their mission is to archive pieces of internet folklife. Some stories that I think are cool that they have archived are Blindmute Loli (Not NSFW) and Damaged Goods (Also not NSFW)
- If y'all got a PlayStation and want to play FoRtNiTe, my PSN is windmilltrip379s. I mainly play Overwatch, though I am trying to expand my horizons a bit.
Here, Have This[edit | edit source]
Before you go, here's some stuff you should check out.
Music-wise[edit | edit source]
GORILLAZ[edit | edit source]
As my unfortunately outdated username suggests, I am a fan of Gorillaz. Their music ranges many genres, from rap to rock to just about everything else.
Public Enemy[edit | edit source]
Some of the best old school rap from the 80s came from this group. Comprised of Chuck D, Flavor Flav, Terminator X, and Professor Griff, their use of samples and willingness to tackle touchy issues (i.e. racism) made them one of the best rap groups of all time.
Filthy Frank/Pink Guy/Joji[edit | edit source]
Though George Miller, the creator of the Filthy Frank omniverse, has decided to move on from his shock comedy masterpiece (and as a result, Pink Guy), the music he's made as Joji, however, is pretty good. That's not to say his work as Pink Guy wasn't good though. His classic IDGAF attitude made his music have a certain edginess to it. Ravioli, ravioli, have some Pink Guy-ioli.
Oliver Tree[edit | edit source]
This guy is the prime example of looks being deceiving. His mixture of EDM and indie-pop (with a little hip-hop sprinkled in between) makes his music all the worth to listen to. His looks don't hurt as well...
Graphic Literature (aka Comic Books)[edit | edit source]
Hip-Hop Family Tree[edit | edit source]
Ed Piskor's Ben-Day Dot-infused artwork combined with a historically accurate telling of hip-hop's history makes a great gift for any rap buff.
Paper Girls[edit | edit source]
Think of it as Stranger Things but with girls, and instead of interdimensional travel, it's time travel. Or better yet, don't and just read the comic.
Th-th-th-That's All Folks![edit | edit source]
Well, that about wraps it up for me. Be sure to come back in 4-6 months, so you can see how my tastes have either improved or declined drastically.
See Ya 'Round, Folks!
Tripson aka Gorillaz27