Cannon Hunt (lost Atari 8-Bit game; existence unconfirmed; 1982)
Cover art for Artillery Duel, a game that Cannon Hunt might be a clone of.
Status: Existence Unconfirmed
Cannon Hunt is an Atari 8-Bit game that was released in 1982 by a company called Micro Magic Software. The game was supposedly released on both disk, and tape, and the game was released exclusively in the United States. However though, upon trying to search for the game, no copies seemingly exist of this game, with the Atarimania page giving it the rarity ranking for both versions a 10, and the only other info on the game is that it was apparently written using BASIC. Whether, or not the game did see release, or was even in development is a mystery.
It is entirely possible that it might've been a clone of Artillery Duel, but with cannons shooting out cannonballs instead of tanks. While unrelated at first glance, it actually makes it possible that Cannon, a Sega Genesis game by Devworks Game Technology might be a remake of this game, though that has yet to be confirmed.
- AtGames Arcade Motion Classic console where Cannon is included. Retrieved 06 Dec '20
- AtGames Arcade Ultimate handheld console with Cannon included. Retrieved 06 Dec '20
- AtGames Arcade Nano Sonic plug n' play console that includes Cannon. Retrieved 06 Dec '20
- AtGames Sega Genesis Flashback console known to include Cannon. Retrieved 06 Dec '20
- Atarimania page on Cannon Hunt and it's rarity. Retrieved 06 Dec '20