Garfield and Friends (found original "U.S. Acres" title cards of CBS animated series based on comic strip; 1988-1994)
Original U.S. Acres title card for "Self Esteem."
Date found: 28 Jun 2021
Found by: Various Users
When the popular Saturday morning cartoon series Garfield and Friends was released on DVD, international prints were used. As a result, the title cards for U.S. Acres (a segment within the show based on another comic strip by creator Jim Davis) matched their international rename--Orson's Farm. This has rendered the original U.S. Acres versions rare and hard to find, even more so applying to the original versions of the U.S. Acres "Quickies," which were never shown in syndication.
U.S. Acres title cards have shown up on VHS recordings, uploaded by YouTube users like CDCB2 and TapeTrove. Here is a season 7 compilation from Garrett Gilchrist and CDCB. This also includes the season 7 "Garfield rap" intro which is not used on repeats and home video.
Additionally, the German dub leaves the original U.S. Acres "Quickie" title intact for the first several episodes but switches to the Orson's Farm "Quickie" versions at the end of Season 1.
The season 2 and 3 video releases have many missing Quickies, including all of the "Screaming With Binky" segments.
On November 1st, 2018, Boomerang's Video on Demand Service released the first 30 episodes of 'Garfield and Friends' all of which include the original 'U.S. Acres' title cards.
On January 15th, 2019, a DVD called "20 Garfield Stories" was released by PBS Distribution, which featured five more U.S. Acres segments with their original title cards: the "Snow Wade and the 77 Dwarves" two-parter, "The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere's Duck" and "How Now, Stolen Cow?" from Season 6, and "Kiddie Korner" from Season 7.
Finally, on June 22nd, 2021, all US Acres title cards were found to be available via Tubi and Boomerang streaming services. Lost Media Wiki user Zombillions compiled these newly discovered segments in an egregious process that involved screen capping, organizing and crosschecking meticulously over a period of multiple days, from June 23rd, 2021, to June 28th, 2021.
In addition, every US Acres "Quickie" video segment was also found, but as of 6/28/2021 - these clips have not been recorded and uploaded securely.
- Garfield "Bound For Home" (lost build of cancelled Nintendo DS game based on comic strip; existence unconfirmed; 2005)
- Garfield: The Lost Levels (lost Sega Channel exclusive levels of game; mid-1990s)
- Garfield and Friends "Screaming With Binky" (partially lost segments from animated series; 1988-1990)
- The Garfield Show "Rodent Rebellion" (found animated television special; 2016)
- Garfield's Judgment Day (partially found cancelled animated special; late 1980s-early 1990s)
- Gnorm Gnat (found Jim Davis comic strip; 1973-1975)
- Jon (found prototype "Garfield" comic strip; 1976-1978)
- Lasagna Cat (partially found unreleased/prototype episodes of "Garfield" parody web series; 2008-2017)